Team Watto Decimates East Coast Lj Population!

Flightmanager

G'day Raiders ,

For all of you who were unable to enjoy the superb conditions on the water today , here is a quick report ( Im sure John , Rob and Sean/Claudia will add their views soon ) on our day .

I arrived at the Parsley Bay ramp at about 0610 , and joined a short queue to launch the boat . I didi notice that the water was definately cooler than I had become used to over the summer months , I think this means that Hairtail season cant be too far away!

We shot off to West Head , to join the others in our intrepid band , namely Robert and his wife Jeanette , Coolamon and Wrongsize , and Sean and Claudia , and Claudias brother Dominic , and his lovely lady Chucky!

We were just a teensy bit late , too bad for us as Chucky seemed to have cornered the market on Yakkas ! Sean and Coolamon soon departed for the outside , whilst #1 Son and I tried to get a few yakkas for ourselves. ( Hint for those going to WATTOS on Friday night , mention the magic word Hyabusa if you like to catch Yakkas ) . We managed to coax 4 of the slippery little devils into the Livy Tank ( a 20 litre bucket with aerator) , and decided to join Team Watto outside the heads. As we were leaving , we heard the news on CH96 that Coolamon had landed a nice Taylor , good work John !!

As this is one of Seans favourite fishing grounds , we were quite happy to be guided by him to our first spot , over a reef ( unsure of the name). We spaced ourselves out , and commenced fishing.

Brett and I started to catch fish very quickly , with 5 Wrasse and 2 Leatherjackets fnding their way into the esky in short time. Brett appeared to have it in for the local Rock Cod population , bringing at least half a dozen of them in while we were above the reef. All were released , as they were a bit on the puny side.

Seeing Sean and Co. moving a bit further out , we decided this was also the thing for us to do , and once again our little flotilla spaced out , and set about getting into the fish!

Leatherjackets were the fish of the day , and we did a pretty fair job of reducing their numbers . Double hookups were the norm , our final tally for the day was 16 LJ's and 5 wrasse .

There were some rigs lost to the toothy buggers , but I think this time out , it was Team WATTO 1 , Fish NIL!

Everyone was having the best day , absolutely brilliant boating weather , very little if any wind , and calm seas!!

Thanks to Sean for all his advice , and great company for the day!!

Ross

post-2305-1179663751_thumb.jpg

post-2305-1179663791_thumb.jpg

post-2305-1179663816_thumb.jpg

Edited by johnno

Mate , thanks for dropping by and sharing the days activities with us ,its a pity that the rest of team Watto didn't pop in on the way home.

It was great to see you and #1 Son, as I was sort of grounded this weekend. :thumbdown:

Thank you BIGTIME for the huge feed of fish you left us and............ Its another record for the Stumpy clan.!!!!!!1

Every fish eaten and all bones sucked on :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers

Guest rzep

Sounds like you had a great day while I was at work Ross :1badmood:

Hopefully we have a great session on Wednesday :biggrin2:

Guest MRS WATTO

What a great day yesterday was. Perfect conditions, sea was very calm, We couldnt believe it, the further we went out the better it got.

As per usual Watto caught the most Yakkas as he was using the magic jigs that Flightmanager mentioned.

We had about 40 Yakkas in our live bait tank so it was time to go out and troll a little. Colloman was very excited to go trolling as he had the famous 100% strike rate blue trolling lure on board.

Yes the famous blue trolling lure worked as John scored a Taylor while trolling. Sick of trolling we decided to go bottom bouncing.

We then headed out a little further, we were fishing in a bout 40 metres of water, but there was so many leather jackets, and Flatties around. I lost 3 rigs all day.

Chucky and I out fished the boys again as usual. Sorry boys but go GIRL POWER. My brother Domenic wasnt very happy as his girlfriend was catching more fish nor was Watto as I was catching more than him :074::074::074::074::074::074:

We ended up with 72 Leather jackets, pigfish and Mowong. Keeps the Italian family happy with the fish.

It was a long day, (Sorry Stumpy) but we were very tired, we got home washed the boat, washed all the gear and we were all in bed by 7.30pm last nite.

Guest MRS WATTO

pffffffffffft the girls didn't out fish the boys, you girls just think that,.

Sean and i were getting quite used to seeing 2 fish every single time we pulled the line up.

:tease::tease::tease::tease::tease::tease:

You wish????????????????????????????

Chucky was catching heaps of fish and you were getting very upset at one stage. :074::074:

You wanted to go home early as you were getting pretty bored not catching any fish.

After a few tangles here and there you started to catch fish.

theres plenty of LJ's out there 2 weeks ago we caught well over a hundred of the buggers through heaps back as we upgraded all the smaller ones and 5 of us still managed to take our bag limit

Guest MRS WATTO

Quite true Stumpy , it can be a bugger on cloudy days , and at night!! But at least with my new Etec , I dont have to time the boat with a calendar! :074::074::074:

Ross

ETEC KING HERE???????? :074::074::074: ASK ROSS HE KNOWS IT ALL.