How Long Do You Wait Before The Next Cast

polyrandom

It might be a stupid question but I have been thinking about it for a long time.

Every time after I cast and get no bites, I am just thinking if I should reel in my line and do another cast or just wait for some more time.

So how long do you guys wait? 5 min? 30min or 2 hours? :D

What are you casting for???? Squid...bream...flatties...Salmon???

To tell the truth, I don't know. :(:(:(

I am new to fish and I would be happy if I can catch any fish :P

However, every time after I stand beside the sea for a whole day I can only get 1 or 2 small ones. So I wonder what I can do to improve this condition :)

i am also new to fishing but what i have worked out it is very dependant on what you are fishing for and what type of bait you are using. from my experiance if you are fishiing for flatties you would want to keep the bait moving across the floor because this is where they lie. though i may be wrong

Guest Big-Banana

I remember when I started fishing offshore for flathead. The old man told me to leave it down there even after thought I had lost my bait (still using mono, so 50m water and bottom bashing was made very difficult). I left it down there and eventually got a 87cm flathead on a bait which was no bigger than my pinky after the leatherjackets had made a mess of it. The more time you have a bait in the water the better chance you have.

Best thing to do would be to learn how to target specific species.....as mentioned already..flatties you chase on the bottom...so leaving your bait there for ages may be worthwhile....

You can also try lure fishing, there are some guys on here that have a great deal of knowledge when it comes to flicking plastics around.....

Use the search feature on the site and run some searches and you will find some great info

I dont think there is any set time to leave your bait down,

I think its up to the individual and also what fish u are likely to

encounter at your chosen spot.

I usualy cast out a rod and put it in a rod holder and leave it alone,I

then throw out a 2nd rod that stays in my hands untill I catch a fish or

lose my bait,often I find that the unattended rod that hasnt had a bite

has a Flatty on it,they seem to mouth the bait and just sit there on the

bottom not moving till u hook em,

penguin