24 Hours Of Heaven! - Now With Pics!

fishyfingers

Our story begins 2:30 Monday morning. I wake up, get rugged up and head off to Bexley to pick up Anthony.

Ant gets in the car and we head south .... south south!

2.5 hours later, after a quick stop at the servo for a pie and a coffee, we're at Callala. HOW GORGEOUS IS IT DOWN THERE!!!

Anyway, Anthony's got a place down there where he keeps his boat (a 5.5m Quintrex) .

We hitch it on, push off at the ramp and are absolutely gliding across the water for 10 minutes then are on the drift for some squid.

1st cast ... nothing

2nd cast .... nice squid

3rd cast ..... BETTER squid

then quiet for a bit ...then on again ... then hush .... then on ... and so on until we had 9 VERY DECENT SQUID in the boat.

about 2pm we head back in...wash the boat down, put the squid on ice and off to KFC for a feed!

with a belly full we drive back to sydney.

I get to Concord around 5:30pm where my mate Scott meets me with my boat. We jump in and head up towards Roseville ramp to meet up with fellow fishraider zenman.

In the water and out to various spots in middle harbour and the spit. I got a couple of VERY NICE runs bringing the bait up mangled but no actual hook ups. But who cares cause we're on the water!

After a few different spots we decide to call it a night at around midnight. I drop Scott back off at Concord and head home. Bagged the squid and chuck em in the deep freezer, quick shower and I'm in bed by 2am .....

As I said ....24 hours of HEAVEN!

:biggrin2:

the catch:

post-4174-1179904735_thumb.jpg

zenman in zombie mode!

post-4174-1179904772_thumb.jpg

Edited by fishy fingers

Hey Martin,

Yeah thanks mate for taking us out on your boat.

Good fun shame we didnt pick up a jew.

Your squid was awesome, drop that down at a few of the spots we went to and i am sure a couple of kings arnt far off. I think though that the kings wont be around all that much longer.

Mate it was cold and i certainly felt like a zombie.

All the best and fish with you guys soon.

Cheers