The Entrance

Luringbream

Hey all, i was just wondering how the entrance is fishing at the moment? I'm thinking of heading up on sunday with the family as they are having a moving house sale(will later post up details if anyone is interested)

Unfortunantly, i will be landbased..Few quick questions..

Are the blackies around in the estuary or are they off the rocks, if so any tips would be great as thats what i really want to target.

Are those salmon still plagueing the beaches?

Are there any estuary perch to be had of the entrance wall, near the boat club?

Have there been any recent jewie reports from the beaches?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. (i will also contact Baits'R'Us hopefully before friday)

Thanks

DAN

Ive caught many blacks on the other side of the bridge of the main drag. As you go over the brigde you will see a car park on your left... I normally have more luck fishing about 100 metres to the right of the jetty. You will find the blacks along the bank in the weeds.

Another good place is in budgewoi lake just near the shops... Alot of people fish for blacks there. Its about 20 mins north of the entrance.

Goodluck

Paul

Edited by tiger_shark

G'day mate,

I went up to the entrance the week after the entrance social in search of those salmon again but unfortunately there was nothing around.... there wasnt much goin on for the next week after that but i heard reports from family up there that last week was firing... so it really depends on the day (or week) mate just buy some pillies and fling em out there and see wjhat happens. Try to get the run in too. at the actuall entrance to the lakes where it goes out so sea, you can park in the entrance car park and walk down and flick some plastics into the current ive caught flatties there before and seen a guy pull in a monster so its worth a shot if you want some lizards. What ever you decide mate hope you go well. All the best mate :1fishing1:

Cheers,

Brad :beersmile:

Thanks Paul, i will try to source some weed and give that wall a go.

Any suggestions on where to find weed?

Thanks

DAN

:Funny-Post: On a more serious note .. looking forward to the report on this ... have not been up to The Entrance for much too long ...

:Funny-Post: On a more serious note .. looking forward to the report on this ... have not been up to The Entrance for much too long ...

Hey it was worth a shot, i know there are a few down to earth people on this site..

Any further tips/reports guys?

Would really appreciate some help..

DAN

The blackfish are not really on up the Entrance yet. It is still a little early in the year. Weed would also be a little hard to get just yet, unless you are a local and know the few out of the way haunts. Unfotunately too, the Tuggerah Lakes blackfish will not even look at weed that is not local.

Budgewoi would be producing fish by now, only early in the morning, though the fish there are never of any real size. if you want to find grumpy old men Budgewoi is the spot. The locals are generally pretty hostile.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad tidings, but I would suggest you wait a couple of months before giving the Tuggerah Lakes balckfish a go. It will be worth the wait. This time of year there are still plenty of bream and flathead around.

Giood luck

Lurinbream

I will try to remeber to PM you when i can give an eyewitness account of blackfish beiing caught. the big problem at the entrance is how well the openiong has been dredged to let the buggers in. Some yaers of late not many come in because the entrance is too shallow.

another spot worth looking at is Narrabeen lake (at front of the caravan park) on an incoming tide.

Cheers

Davo

Luringbream,

I am not a blackie expert by any means so can't help you out there.

But if you want to get the kids into some flatties, then walking along the sand on the southern side of the bridge (ocean side) and bouncing squidgies off the bottom is a sure fire way af landing a good feed.

Good luck

Sparkles

This year, I definately need to catch a black fish! Been trying ever since I can remember, just never make it up the coast during winter!

Everytime I go to the entrance they are normally catching them to the leftof the bridge that takes you over to Toukley!