Sydney Harbour 25/05/07 & 26/05/07

Dano1

Quick report and few pics, as im about to head up the coast!

Friday morning Tim and I headed out 4 a quick king sesh b4 work and managed to boat 4 rats 3 legal 60 63 and 64 and one at 56cm and a healthy tailor at 45cm All were released

post-3412-1180145843_thumb.jpg

Chopper

post-3412-1180146056_thumb.jpg

Run away squid.. ha ha!!

post-3412-1180146110_thumb.jpg

post-3412-1180145944_thumb.jpg

Early Saturday Morning Met up with Jase and Dan ( d&g) and jumped aboard hook'm. Managed to get enough squid in quick succesion for a good king sesh!

Off to find the kings and have a early morning fry up!!! mmmmm.. bacon and eggs! then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Jasons rod screams off and a beautiful 79cm king is landed,, Nice one Jase!

There were a few pickers around witch was a bit annoying but out of nowhere Dan’s (d&g) rod screams off zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz………zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…….zzzzzzz holy s*##* this is a biggen! After pinching about 50m of line off him Dan starts to get some back after a short fight a massive surgeon fish at just over 60cm was landed. After a short tussle with the anchor.

11am decided to call it a day! But what a great day to be out on the water!

Ill let Dan and jase elaberate on there fish

Having dramas posting other pics will try again in another post!

Dan.

Jase Hopfully you've got some pics on your camera that u can post up as some reason my computer won't let me :1badmood:

Well done guys, thats a big surgeon fish. Tell me did its tail thrusts come up through the rod tip as tail banging like Bonnies do?

It was fun fishing near you, thanks for the bacon and egg role gents that was awsome and mightlily generous of you. That was an excellent king Jason, it gave you a good work out. I trolled back to Clontarf for zip, so my tally for the day was a few cuttles, an arrow and southern, but who cares what a beautiful morning.

Will probably head to Balmoral with my daughter Siena tomorrow morning.

Southerly

well here i am 1 month ago dreaming of summer ,kingfish in abundance ,warm weather holidays .

Well i didnt think MAY would produce quite like it has!!

Now im dreaming of May :frozen: subzero temps and BIG Kingfish!

3 weeks ago an 84 was landed then a week later a 91 cm model then this weekend a 79!

Stuff summer the last 3 weeks will do me for a year! oh and Cafe de Hook'm will be serving bacon and egg rolls at spot x from 5:30 am untill 7 am! byo coffee

post-3896-1180150263_thumb.jpg

post-3896-1180150294_thumb.jpg

post-3896-1180150449_thumb.jpg

southerly making his way back home

post-3896-1180150482_thumb.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

I thought i had a picture of Dans mighty Surgeonfish but i didnt take one!:(

It was amazing how much line that fish took even before Dan had time to react to the ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz of the drag and he was

sitting NEXT to the rod , amazing sport fish wish they were more abundant!

Edited by mrs rzep

Stuff summer the last 3 weeks will do me for a year! oh and Cafe de Hook'm will be serving bacon and egg rolls at spot x from 5:30 am untill 7 am! byo coffee

:Funny-Post:

What about the beer mate? :1prop:

DAN

D&G

Well done guys, thats a big surgeon fish. Tell me did its tail thrusts come up through the rod tip as tail banging like Bonnies do?

Will probably head to Balmoral with my daughter Siena tomorrow morning.

Southerly

Hey Southerly!

Great to see you out there again!

That surgeon fight was exactly like a kingy,,, hit an bolt at a million miles a hour! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz HHOLY CRAP :thumbup: . I called it for a kingy but it was a hard fight with no distinct tail thumps vibrating up the line an into the rod. Not that I would have probabily felt it on a BB Elite 15kg with a tld 2speed. Still more than a good match for the gear, made me work for it, then dano1 an Jase to get it off the anchor for me. Top day there Jase an Dano!

Jase thanks for the invite to join you again. Mate I dunno how you can put up with the xxxxxxxxxxx! D&G, an Dano :074:

Time to drink alot an call it a day in preparation for tmr!

DAN

D&G

Thanks guys!

It was :frozen::frozen::frozen: out there thats for sure!

The hot breakfast was a deffinate must!!!

But deffinatly paid off with the fishing!

I have some pics of the monster surgeon fish will try and post up again this arvo! after ive :throw::throw:

Dan.

Got the photos sorted!

Dan's surgeon fish

post-3412-1180250230_thumb.jpg

Jase's 79cm king

post-3412-1180250411_thumb.jpg

Well done guys.

Dan.

LOVELY PICS THERE DANO!!!!!!!!!!! :1fishing1:

Great Kingy there jase... whats ur pb now? :1prop:,,,, Just imagine jase if u laid all ur kingys tail to head, you would almost be able to walk from sydney to NZ! an this is just the last 4 weeks :074:

Dano and Jase sat one of the best sessions Ive had in a while! It only takes one fish to make a day an after the past 6 weeks (Work, health, bad luck, blah blah blah!). This weekend was one of the best and most enjoyable for me!

MANY THANKS BOYZ!

DAN

D&G

PS Jase, after showing Greg now your BBQ :1prop: Greg is getting one ASAP

Well done guys, your BBQ on the boat is inspirational, we did the same thing on Saturday morning. Certainly makes the cold mornings more reasonable.

Some nice fish there, and one massive surgeon.

After gathering the squid on Friday night, we tried offshore for zilch and then picked up a couple of just legals inside MH.

Well done, guys!! :1prop:

Great fish & even better squid!!! Did that big one get cooked or eaten?? Aren't those little bbqs the best? Brilliant for smoking fish, too - much safer than the metho thingos!

Cheers

Roberta

Edited by Roberta