Breamin With Swordy

Spent a pleasurable day with Stewy in my boat on the Cooks

Fishing was a bit tough but we still found a few bream and trevally

No bream of any size but the trevally were pretty good and Stewy got a few of his favorite fish the humble flattie :074:

I finally got to put my new fishfinder tournament rods through there paces and I was pretty impressed especially with the 6'8" model built for structure work It really came good on a trevally which was giving me the runaround amongst oyster encrusted bridge pilons allowing me to steer it clear with its power and great working curve It also monstered some bream straight out of bad country

The 7' model was great for working the banks once I got used to its casting ability and stopped landing in mangroves and had plenty of control over hooked fish

My lure of choice was a 80mm squidgy wriggler in wasabi(note to self must get more from fishfinder Tony) rigged on a hidden weight jighead

Thanks for the company Stewy It was a great day

post-256-1180337006_thumb.jpg

post-256-1180337014_thumb.jpg

post-256-1180337022_thumb.jpg

post-256-1180337030_thumb.jpg

post-256-1180337038_thumb.jpg

Hey Stewy, don't tell me the Raw Prawns didn't work!!! Those trevs look like blackie crosses!!

Well done! Beats getting dunked in the surf, any day!

Cheers

Roberta

wat a hectic session there! Man that trevally looks really healthy and decent, now you usually dont find trevs that far up the cooks cause it gets really dirty. Its just like finding trevs at HC, does that seriously mean that the water is getting better ? or they just feel like going up stream?

Again what a great catch there. Awesome report

does that seriously mean that the water is getting better ? or they just feel like going up stream?

Hi dazzassj6,

The only reason why you occassionally find trevally in the cooks is because they would have been chasing bait fish into the mouth of the cooks and keep chasing them until they have gotten there feed from them before running back into the Botany Bay.