First Bream And Flathead On Sp - 26.05.07

I've always been a bait fisherman but I thought I'd give SP's a try after reading alot of the reports on this site.

Went land based in the Lane Cove river where I figured I should at least find a flathead that would be interested in my squidgy.

Things started out pretty slowly, after an hour of casting and retrieving I got my first flathead on an SP.

post-1834-1180410438_thumb.jpg

Didnt measure him because I wasnt planning on keeping him. He stuck around to keep me company untill I decided to leave and told him to swim off into deeper water with a rock.

post-1834-1180410423_thumb.jpg

Next spot I tried was around H&C Bay (I think)

First cast between the pylons must have landed right in this flatheads mouth. Not a big fish but another one to the tally.

post-1834-1180410450_thumb.jpg

A few casts later and I was on again. It was pulling alot harder and put on a pretty good show for the dog walkers and joggers passing by. My first SP bream!! :yahoo:

post-1834-1180410403_thumb.jpg

After the happy snap he was released but I wish I took a pic of him next to something to show how big he was.

Had another big hit but the fish spat the hook and mangled my squidgy so I started experimenting with grubs but nothing was interested. Sun went down and it started to get cold so I called it a day.

Guest Plastic Fanatic

Welcome across from the 'Dark Side' (bait fishing) Frizzy. :D

Great report and some top photos. I hope it's the first of many more to come. A nice couple of Flathead to open your SP experience with, and a great bream to boot! Well Done!! :1clap::thumbup:

Well Done Frizzy

Top result from your first effort!! Took me forever to land a bream on lures!!! There'll be no stopping you now!! They take it so positively, too - none of this 'nibbling' rubbish!! No smelly bait, too!

Cheers

Roberta

good onya mate

next step up is GULPS

they work a treat ,there scented and not plastic meaning the fish can eat them

sometimes on plastics if you get a strike and don't hook up , the fish wont bite it again

I think they don't like the taste