Basspoint

adznapper

Hi all

I was out today at Basspoint I tried a troll for a hour for one tailer.

I was going to have a bottom bash but it was just to ruff so I pumped it over to wingdang island.

Threw the pick just strait out from the island and started to pump the berley, 2 hours later I had enough and went home with no fish,Thats fishing.

Sorry I have had no reports.

I have been doing a fair bit of bottom bouncing around Bellambi with the odd nice Snapper but things have been real slow around shell harbour.

How is everyone else going can you find a feed around the harbour or are you traveling too.

Hi all

I was out today at Basspoint I tried a troll for a hour for one tailer.

I was going to have a bottom bash but it was just to ruff so I pumped it over to wingdang island.

Threw the pick just strait out from the island and started to pump the berley, 2 hours later I had enough and went home with no fish,Thats fishing.

Sorry I have had no reports.

I have been doing a fair bit of bottom bouncing around Bellambi with the odd nice Snapper but things have been real slow around shell harbour.

How is everyone else going can you find a feed around the harbour or are you traveling too.

unlucky mate, i fished port kembla a week ago or so and there was nothing but mado on the breakwall. ive fished bass point at night for some good results on big tailor and some sort of mackrel around the 40-50cm mark in winter just from the first picnic area, maybe thats the go at night.

unlucky mate, i fished port kembla a week ago or so and there was nothing but mado on the breakwall. ive fished bass point at night for some good results on big tailor and some sort of mackrel around the 40-50cm mark in winter just from the first picnic area, maybe thats the go at night.

TA

I have seen a lot of boats out there at night could be the go.

Have you ever tried Gerrogong?

TA

ive only fished port kembla and bass point, im from syd so its a bit of a drive. ive got mates down at JB so ill soon get to know the south coast waterways lot better.

good luck next time mate.

TA

Hey mate,

Have done a little bit of land bassed down at gerringong out off black head, But for me this has meant alot of lost rigs as i havent done that much lb before. But after a few trips i started to work it out a bit more and i think its definately a good idea to use a float out there to avoid all the weed beds.... Ganged pillies under the float has accounted for salmon and taylor and ive also spun up both there but im yet to get one of the hodlums that are aparently lurcking round the point!!!! Wave had hits on poppers and soft plastics to but not as comon.

Also for a reel humbling experience last time i was there was about 6 anglers including myself trying our luck with slugs etc and not doing to well. then a funny looking guy with big boofy hair came down with a fly rod had about 10 casts for about 4 fish and then left. My jaw nearly hit the deck!!! :1yikes: I have never seen anyone thats had any reel talent for fly fishing with my own eyes so this was a sight to behold!!! he didnt blink an eye and off he went with his four salmon while the rest of us managed about 1 between us all over the next few hours!!!! So thats what this fly buisness is about i thought to myself!!!!! :biggrin2:

Sorry long story but had to share it!!!!

p.s. i hope no one catches to many sharks round bass point as i surf there from time to time and its always seemed a little spookey in the water!!!!! specially when paddling out before first light!!!