Made It To The Bidgee

aussie big bob

Hi just a quick report

I finally made it to the bidgee :thumbup: to some fishing with (shark hunter)

Left Campbelltown 6pm Tuesday and arrived on togg at 12.30am the trip was only a short planned one.2 days to be exact :ranting2:

Day 1 woke to find that the river had no water in it :ranting2: so cod and yellow belly fishing where out

So plan 2 come into play and that was crayfishing, first thing was to get some fresh bait this was also a bit hard to come by which resulted in some scrub bashing on foot till we managed to find some pray that

Took us for a bit of a hike threw the scrub.

Now that bait was gather it was time to bait up the nets but time had gotten away and it was late in the afternoon

So first day’s craying was short and not real fruit full but did manage to get a feed. :yahoo:

Day 2 was a little better with a few good crays caught but a lot returned as they where females.

But here is a strange twist to the whole adventure there is this one cray that was caught and it is pure white and for any one that has cray fished knows like this is one in a million.

But the best part about this is that this same cray has been caught over the past 3 years now buy (shark hunter) hows that for luck

Buy the way as the previous 2 years it was happy snapped and released.

But all in all had great time just ashamed it could not have been longer

Cheers

Bob

p/s this is not a photo error this thing is white

post-2934-1180695539_thumb.jpg

post-2934-1180695662_thumb.jpg

post-2934-1180695717_thumb.jpg

Edited by aussie big bob

:thumbup::yahoo:

Nice report, Bob!

THAT ALBINO CRAY IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

At first, I thought that it might be going through a moult, but it certainly appears pure white and shark hunter says she's caught it before!

I'm sure that fisheries, museums and aquariums would be verrrry interested in it - it's probably worth a few bucks too! It's the only case of albinism in Murray Crayfish that I can come across - a historical catch!

One of the most interesting catches I've seen.

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman

Nice report, Bob!

At first, I thought that it might be going through a moult, but it certainly appears pure white and shark hunter says he's caught it before!

I'm sure that fisheries, museums and aquariums would be verrrry interested in it - it's probably worth a few bucks too! It's the only case of albinism in Murray Crayfish that I can come across - a historical catch!

Flattieman.

( shark hunter ) has still photos of this cray from the previous years and the reason we know its the same cray as one of its main claw is stumped and is the same in all the photos bit hard to see in the one i have posted

( shark hunter ) has still photos of this cray from the previous years and the reason we know its the same cray as one of its main claw is stumped and is the same in all the photos bit hard to see in the one i have posted

Wow. That's amazing! Congrats once again on such an awesome catch.

Flattieman.

l

Nice report, Bob!

At first, I thought that it might be going through a moult, but it certainly appears pure white and shark hunter says he's caught it before!

Flattieman.

Hi Flattieman

First of all I just would like to say I really enjoy viewing fishraiders and I am glad you enjoyed the pics as much as I enjoy cacthing her, after all these years she seems like family and it wouldnt matter to me if the cray was male or female its like you said its one you dont come across to often so it seems fitting to release it.Bob is my brother and it was good to treat him to such a sight. Drop more lines and catch more fish.

Cindy (Shark Hunter )

l

Hi Flattieman

First of all I just would like to say I really enjoy viewing fishraiders and I am glad you enjoyed the pics as much as I enjoy cacthing her, after all these years she seems like family and it wouldnt matter to me if the cray was male or female its like you said its one you dont come across to often so it seems fitting to release it.Bob is my brother and it was good to treat him to such a sight. Drop more lines and catch more fish.

Cindy (Shark Hunter )

:biggrin2: Sounds like she/he's a bit of a pet! What a sight. Well done once again, Cindy.

Flattieman.

A nice feed to be had in those crays!!!

How powerful are there claws?

Pardon the ignorance, but where is Bidgee? and what river are you talking about?

Lots of the dams and rivers are pretty dry now, which doesn't make for good fishing or camping.

Cheers

Greg

Edited by Thunder

A nice feed to be had in those crays!!!

How powerful are there claws?

Pardon the ignorance, but where is Bidgee? and what river are you talking about?

Lots of the dams and rivers are pretty dry now, which doesn't make for good fishing or camping.

Cheers

Greg

It's the murrumbidgee river

cheers

bob