Jindabyne Trout Trip.... A Screamer

Ross Hunter

Hi Raiders,

Just returned from our annual trout sojourn to Jindy.We took a boat but it blew that much we never launched it . So the other option was to fly fish the Thredbo ( my favourite style and my favourite river) My companion Gordon (the 50 kilo kid Johnson and myself) have spent many hours trudging the banks of this beautiful river and we have learnt that rain is so important to turn on the fish. Well, we got that and boy didn't it fire them up. We virtually bagged out on the fly every day (bearing in mind that we are only allowed one fish per day from the river and it has to be over 50 cm....and that is a good trout anyway) :1fishing1:

We worked upstream and down stream and caught fish in both areas We fished a glow bug over a nymph and short lined many of the runs and pools with some success.

We caught some superb browns to 6lb and one rainbow. Even although the wind blew to 40 knots at times ans some days very cold, we were able to cast in between gusts and with a bit of perseverence, got by. My 6lb brown took 60 metres of line and headed down stream at a rate of knots I had to scurry out of the water and chase it on the bank to avoid getting too much line out which would have broken the 6lb tippet for sure.

We had a great four days with the fish biting well and more so they were great fish.( check out the photos) Stewy is going to post later today.

One of our best years ever catching some real quallity fish Can't wait until '08 and we'll be at 'em again.

Ah! must go and have some smoked trout for breakfast.

post-256-1180919494_thumb.jpg

post-256-1180919503_thumb.jpg

post-256-1180919510_thumb.jpg

post-256-1180919518_thumb.jpg

post-256-1180919528_thumb.jpg

post-256-1180919537_thumb.jpg

post-256-1180919545_thumb.jpg

post-256-1180919554_thumb.jpg

Roscoe

Ross, mate its not enough you nail those big buggas offshore while you "Work", now you gotta come inland & rub it right in! :1prop:

Well done mate, beautiful fish there, it looks like some fantastic scenery too. All round great images. Just wish I was there.

:beersmile:

Mik you could be Jaba the Clutz :yahoo:

But they are a nice brace of trout considering

the water conditions around the country

MMMMMMMM smoked trout for brekky

Chris

Edited by Chris 55

Mik you could be Jaba the Clutz :yahoo:

But they are a nice brace of trout considering

the water conditions around the country

MMMMMMMM smoked trout for brekky

Chris

Thanks for your comments Raiders There is something serine and beautiful about a trout stream It has been a magnet to me for many years and I will never get sick of that attraction ....we did have a great time this year.The fish are almost a bonus. :1fishing1:

thanks again

Ross

Sounds like a great trip Ross.

now, I know what the beard is for. 'Arctic insulation', and I thought it was for the sea captains look. :074:

They are some great looking fish mate, and beautiful scenery as well.

Top report.

Arch