Bottom Bashing Browns

Nathan L

hi everyone,

im new to posting on these forums but have been reading them for some time now.

from what i can ascertain there are quite a few members that seem to on a regular basis catch blue eye out wide. i'm really keen to give this a go but am pretty clueless as to the tackle i need to get the job done.

can i just get some tips for this whole deepwater bottom bouncing business.

any help would be appreciated.

btw . . . cubed and trolled at browns on the w/e for zip - thats why im thinking that a few kilos of blue eye fillets would make the trip out worth it. :D

Mate Give tony from Fishfinder a call, after chatting to Sammy and CFD ( who have had some good success of late) they told me that Tony sells rigs for BBing browns that are perfect and he also will help you out with a heap of info...

The rigs aren't hard to make yourself though.

It'll take you 5 mins per rig and they are cheaper to make yourself.

Get urself some 300lb and 500lb mono, large crimps, lumo beads, 11/0 or larger circles (must be very thick and strong) e.g. Owner Super Matu Circles and some high quality swivels with the eye that points outward (which the line goes through the middle of).

I make up these rigs, also put a 30lb breakaway above the rig so when you get snagged down deep you don't lose a whole load of braid. We got snagged twice on Sunday and the breakaway worked a dream. Also lost a big Gemfish or small Blueeye after Dad reeled him up 300m :wife:

th.f26fcd3672.jpg

IFS

Edited by IFishSick

Guest Big-Banana

All I'll say is be very very careful how heavy your leader is. ATM I'm using 200lb so if I do get a snag it can break off relatively easily. Also using 100lb braid, don't go too heavy. There are some blokes using 50lb. 16/0 Gladiator circles work very well.

Good luck.

thanks heaps for the tips guys :)

but i was thinking more along the lines of reef queen vs massive o/h vs whatever else any of you guys might use. the biggest problem i have now i just getting the rig to the bottom (oh and hopefully getting them back to the top too!!)

i'll give those rigs a go IFS, and will try and call tony some time soon.

thanks for the tip on line too big-banana

my old man has the seriously old skool bent butt monstrosity that he's thinking of using. problem is its rated for 15 kg line and i just dont think it has the balls to handle all the heavy gear.

any thoughts?

Nathan, i definately recommend you talk to tony, CHris and Sammy just started and based on Tony's tips and rigs they are getting great results...the proof is there reports....... im sure when you started YFT fishing you spoke to a few experienced people to get the info on landing them and this type of fishing is no different.

thanks heaps for the tips guys :)

but i was thinking more along the lines of reef queen vs massive o/h vs whatever else any of you guys might use. the biggest problem i have now i just getting the rig to the bottom (oh and hopefully getting them back to the top too!!)

i'll give those rigs a go IFS, and will try and call tony some time soon.

thanks for the tip on line too big-banana

my old man has the seriously old skool bent butt monstrosity that he's thinking of using. problem is its rated for 15 kg line and i just dont think it has the balls to handle all the heavy gear.

any thoughts?

my choice of reel

tanacom bull 1000 with 80lb braid and 4kg concrete bullet shaped sinker

3mins later your on the bottom

cheers

bob

Edited by aussie big bob