Cleaning

Kiwi Dan

Hello raiders,

With nothing to report on the fishing front due to the weather I thought id put another question out there. Does anyone have any tips or hints on for getting rid of the fish smell from your hands after fishing? I often fish before work and rush home for a shower before heading into the office and no matter how hard I scrub and the many soaps and washers I use the smell is still there.

I even wack some deodorant on them but they still stink. I dont mind it but its a little funky for others in the office, any tips or home remedies anyone?

cheers

Kiwi Dan

G`day Fellas ,

An Old Dog for a Hard road as they say.

The Jewie Smell is so strong , you can can actually smell them on the beach .

To Get rid of this smell " Sards Wonder Soap " will do the Trick .

Wash hands thoroughly after cleaning the fish , then clothes can be soaked and waders can be sponged down with it.

Mick

Butchers use a cake of stainless steel to remove the smell of the meat.

After the Butcher told my wife that, she rubs her hands over the kitchen sink and says it works.

I tried it after doing the fish and it does seem to work, but I always wash them with soap first.

Cheers

Greg

spot on. bring a lemon everytime u fish.

or better yet either the lemon soap, or aniseed soaps. you can get soaps especially made for fishing smells. check with ur local tackle shop maybe :S

I always get covered in guts , ink and scales no matter how hard i try not to :tease:

The tackle shops around here have always have this soap for sale, containing aniseed i think, says it gets rid of the smell, havn't tried it though.

if its really bad, i use dishwashing soap liquid and a scrubbing brush, it works!

a person told me that if u use hot/warm water , it opens up the pores in the skin and the stuff gets in there and traps the smell? so it would be harder to wash of, dunno if its true though

Rob :1fishing1:

i just cut a lemon in half and rub it all over my hands after i've washed with soap and let them soak for a bit in it, then just dry with a towel

if the smell is REALLY bad, try vinegar. give them a good scrub with a nail brush, then wash with laundry powder

i just cut a lemon in half and rub it all over my hands after i've washed with soap and let them soak for a bit in it, then just dry with a towel

if the smell is REALLY bad, try vinegar. give them a good scrub with a nail brush, then wash with laundry powder

i also use rthe half lemon and anaseed soap

Personally , I find Diff Oil will cover the smell of ANYTHING ! :074:

Anyone know how to get rid of the smell of Diff Oil? :1prop:

Ross

lmao....classic

your a funny bugger flight manager... :beersmile:

Hi Kiwi Dan, as said before lemon juice rubbed or scrubbed if bad enough,fresh or bottle..

maybe even leave on hands for a short while. then wash as usual with soap and if hands are abit dry and stuffed use some vit e creame..

i think its the strong citric acid that does the trick,most mechanic soaps contain orange/lemon and some sort of citrus fruit to clean greased up hands... anyway lemon works for me [benchtops also] thats my 2 bobs worth....steve...

Edited by roosterman

You guys are all welcome to drop in at my house on the way home from fishing. If you pat my dog for about 30 seconds her smell will cover anything , and yes Flightmanager, even diff oil !!

Russ.

Hydrocloric acid....

I just rinse my mouth out with it, and spit a little on my hands.

Can tend to sting a little. But then I scull a can of harden the ##!! up, and I'm ready for anything.

S.

ps the Author of this post, wishes to indemnify himself, from any pending law suit that may arise from people loseing all their teeth and fingers from listening to an obviously deranged, and seriously bored individual.