Iron Cove Tuesday Morning

Hi Raiders

Had a quick session land based around IC this morning. Fished from about 8 am till 11.00 am. Caught 3 bream (best 40cm pictured), couple of flatties and another one of those 40cm whiting that hang around there.

Lime Tiger gulp fry was popular with the flat friends and camo sandworm picked up the bream.

post-99-1181634905_thumb.jpg

John

arif - Yeh reckon you are in with a chance anytime down there (but better if there is a bit of tide running)

Billy - Yes was nice to get a good fish on the board early. Still smarting over a 45cm odd breambo I had on last week only to drop it before I could measure and take a pic. :1badmood:

tomahawk - Chocy water does not seem to worry the IC inhabitants to much, guess there used to a bit of murck. (May be it gives them a bit of cover or confidence to feed - beats me)

John

Congrats on the 40cm bream and whiting. Were you fishing the run-out tide? Always thought the high / rising tide was best but maybe its your skill eh?

Whereabouts in IC were you? I was fishing near the bridge along Hawthorne Canal with the kids on Monday afternoon and it was dead slow. Things picked up as the tide got higher and the light levels were getting lower but I could'nt stick around.

Robeebee

No - mate not had too much success around the bridge – though I believe others have. I mainly fish the back of the bay from Drummovne rowers around to Haberfield rowers (UTC for those born later)

AR4EVA

Yes good choice, love to get over the Gulp camo worms, its just that they keep working so well.

Pmac

Re tide:

It was high (smallish high) at about 5am. I started catching fish about 9.30 am, so it was well into the run out. Think it just needs a bit of movement either way. Though its better if this coincides with dawn or dusk I think.

Don’t know about skill, think its just putting in a lot of hours and finding the spots/ tide relationships / structure etc.

Re whereabouts:

Usually stick to the flats / rocky edges etc, have waders so go wading, don’t fish from the banks too much.

Hope this helps answer some of your questions.

John

Waders - that explains the low tide. I usually fish from the banks so it's only productive at high tide- got to give waders a go one day. Would you suggest a neoprene type wader or will a PVC one do?

Waders - that explains the low tide. I usually fish from the banks so it's only productive at high tide- got to give waders a go one day. Would you suggest a neoprene type wader or will a PVC one do?

pmak

I have a pair of Hornes waders (PVC) the sort that come up thigh high.Think they were about $70. Have had no probs with them except if you are in a bit deep and you pick up a bit of rivercat wake or walk into a small hole you can end up with a bootfull (or worse two bootfulls) of water :mad3:

If I was buying another pair, would probably go for the type that come up to your chest (bib and brace). Have no experience of Neoprene waders.

John