Mh Kings N The Coffee Water!

Kiwi Dan

Hello raiders,

managed to get a few hours in at middle harbor today. the :wife: couldnt stand watching any more football on TV and I couldnt cope with reading, sleeping, talking and watching fishing but not actually doing it. Launched at Tunks at about 9 and made my way to spot X. With all my deckies tied up or pulling out at the last minute I was flying solo on this flight. The weather wasnt all that bad it had its moments but after days of constant rain this rain was nothing.

Put out an underwater buffet of baits consisting of 1 x yakka fillet, 1 x fresh squid, a piece of mullet and a servo pillie which had been refrozen about 3 times. Nothing much was doing and after an hour I only had 2 small snapper landed. A little while later I watched as one of the Maritime boats pulled up to one of the yachts next to me and pump some of the water out that was sinking it. This thing was sitting real low in the water and had there been another big rain she could have gone under.

I should have been paying more attention to my rod though, while I wasnt watching something hit my line and went straight around my anchor rope then back around another one of the moorings. Luckily for me it was on my heavier gear, I cleared my anchor and started on the next. It didnt give me any line back so must have looped around the mooring once or twice. After a minute of what the f @#$ do I do now I decided to back off the drag and let more line out. A couple seconds later it was out some how and shortly after a nice 65cm king was landed. And you guessed it Zenman it was the servo pillie getting the cash.

post-4176-1182075910_thumb.jpg

After getting that one on ice the light rod goes off and after a good little tussle on light gear a nice 35cm Snapper came aboard on a slice of mullet. I finally thought to myself now its all worthwhile and I was stoked I got my butt off the couch!!

It was 12oclock on the dot when the sweet sound of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz came about. After negotiating floating sticks, plastic bags and empty bottles streaming past a nice 72cm King was landed on yet another servo pillie.

post-4176-1182076958_thumb.jpg

This was the last of the legals for the day but definitley not the last surprise. With baits down and nothing to do I started cleaning the kings, after slicing the bigger king up the guts I placed my hand inside to pull it all out where I was greeted by this little bugger mixed up in its guts.

post-4176-1182077132_thumb.jpg

So if you lost this set up recently, I found your fish!!

These are a couple shots of the weather wasnt this bad all the time. At some stages it was clear blue skies until the rain rolled in again. Didnt phase me though, there were a few other boats around as well dropping a line.

post-4176-1182077662_thumb.jpg post-4176-1182077678_thumb.jpg

The water was still very brown and full of rubbish, but there are still fish around to be caught if you are patient enought.

Cheers

Kiwi Dan

Edited by Kiwi Dan

Hey Kiwi Dan,

Way to go man. I know how you felt as i was the same the other day.

Mate from your pic u were at the spot and of course rotten smelly pillie did the job.

Been fishing there for years in that area. Usually mid week and have it to yourself. This year due to the king invasion its got hectic at that spot.

Mate next time your deckies wimp out on u call the zenman.

Cheers and enjoy. The thought of raw kingie makes me obsessed.

I dont like jewies to eat very much so let em go but usually give to friends and nieghbours with no teeth.

Mike G

Well done Kiwi Dan,winter Kings what a bonus :yahoo:

penguin

Well done mate.. you are a brave man.

Kings in mid July eh.. unbelievable. Do you reckon there is a chance of an August King?? :1yikes:

Cheers

Ceph.

Hey Ceph, I think yep there will be August Kings for sure,they were still

around last year,the 2 Kings in my avater went over 70cm and caught in

August. After the tremendous season this year things can only get better. :thumbup:

Happy fishing everyone.

penguin

Edited by penguin

I am very excited. And to think I thought it was all over in May...... :(

So, the servo pillies are the go!! :biggrin2:

I am surprised that the brown hasn't put the fish right off.

Cheers

C.

Maybe the waters so brown they cant tell the difference between squid and pillie. :074::074:

Cheers

Dan

Maybe the waters so brown they cant tell the difference between squid and pillie. :074::074:

Cheers

Dan

Very probably...

So, you freeze your pilies three times then use them?

I will buy some today so they will be ready for the weekend... :thumbup:

C.

Very probably...

So, you freeze your pilies three times then use them?

I will buy some today so they will be ready for the weekend... :thumbup:

C.

Na mate,

I brought a few bags a couple weeks ago, as i like to have enough to berley up. I didnt end up using them all and so i chuck them back in the bait fridge and have done this after the last couple times ive been out.

cheers

Dan

The water was still very brown and full of rubbish, but there are still fish around to be caught if you are patient enought.

Cheers

Kiwi Dan

That is what I call dedication. Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

fibbo.

Well done on the kings.

Maybe the fish are less picky on baits because the water is murky.

That's probably the hook off one of Ceph's rods that went into the drink.

Now you got the whole lot back Ceph !!!

I'm sure he'll give the hook back, but you might have to fight him for the fish. :074:

Cheers

Greg

Well done on the kings.

Maybe the fish are less picky on baits because the water is murky.

That's probably the hook off one of Ceph's rods that went into the drink.

Now you got the whole lot back Ceph !!!

I'm sure he'll give the hook back, but you might have to fight him for the fish. :074:

Cheers

Greg

:Funny-Post: Come to think of it, that does look a lot like my hook..