Bloops And Blunders

warnie

Hi all

Wish to share any bloops and blunders or embaressing goofs

along the learning curve of fishing for i will start it off.

A couple of years ago agood mate of mines wish was for him to catch his first marlin

so with this in mind we set out to get one for this marlin virgin

being the type who was hands on he wanted to help so I instructed him which one of the lures in the lure

pouch to use, and were best in the pattern to place it, and just at what the right distance for it to do its thing.

And do it did ! during the course of the morning it got mauled eaten and attacked on no more than five occasions and which after the second time i asked him to bring it in and check it which he did its fine says he

after the fith time i told him to bring it back in let me look at i said i know the hooks are sharp i touched them up last night any thing swimming within coee of it should hook up and maybe so if only some one had

removed the plastic hook gaurds before putting it in the water. OOPS he remained a marlin virgin untill one year to the day when finally getting his wish and caught his first marlin and being a little fella we brought it on board before releasing it for some happy pics off the proud angler. use my camera he says so i did

never can understand what he sees in twelve blank picture frames stacked behind his bar for you see in the pre digital camera days they gave a much better result if you loaded it with film first. OUCH!

I had a couple of similar blunders.

1) I put a lure out with a cork still on the hook point. I didnt get hit though

2) Put out a lure got a strike from a beakie which stripped off a 100+ meters of line then nothing. Brought the lure in to check ot out. On inspection noticed that the crimp that held on the hook hadnt been crimped i just burnt the end, we didnt loose the hook the burnt end was enought to hold it all together, must have been bill wrapped. It was a Black Bart Super Pro $100 worth of lure, Very Lucky.

Lucky indeed i remember one slow day fishing whilst the crew catching were catching zzzzzzzzzz.s

i just happened to turn around and see the last of 800 mtrs of 24kg line disappear of the reel one of the numbskulls had not clicked the rachet on and did not hear it go will never know what took it but new line+lure = money :05: Steve

Well where do i start?

We have NOT forgoten the bungs thank good, but have had this happen

post-2250-1182421948_thumb.jpg

I was cleaning all the gear down after a days fishing and kicked arod that was on the floor.

cheers james

Edited by james1990

Well where do i start?

We have NOT forgoten the bungs thank good, but have had this happen

post-2250-1182421948_thumb.jpg

I was cleaning all the gear down after a days fishing and kicked arod that was on the floor.

cheers james

At least your lure worked.

What's that old saying?

First the lure must catch a fisherman, before it can catch a fish.

Well this one caught you twice, so it must work well on the fish!!!! :074:

Cheers

Greg

Hi all

Wish to share any bloops and blunders or embaressing goofs

along the learning curve of fishing for i will start it off.

A couple of years ago agood mate of mines wish was for him to catch his first marlin

so with this in mind we set out to get one for this marlin virgin

being the type who was hands on he wanted to help so I instructed him which one of the lures in the lure

pouch to use, and were best in the pattern to place it, and just at what the right distance for it to do its thing.

And do it did ! during the course of the morning it got mauled eaten and attacked on no more than five occasions and which after the second time i asked him to bring it in and check it which he did its fine says he

after the fith time i told him to bring it back in let me look at i said i know the hooks are sharp i touched them up last night any thing swimming within coee of it should hook up and maybe so if only some one had

removed the plastic hook gaurds before putting it in the water. OOPS he remained a marlin virgin untill one year to the day when finally getting his wish and caught his first marlin and being a little fella we brought it on board before releasing it for some happy pics off the proud angler. use my camera he says so i did

never can understand what he sees in twelve blank picture frames stacked behind his bar for you see in the pre digital camera days they gave a much better result if you loaded it with film first. OUCH!

G`day Fellas .......

Of Course Thats Provided after youse pop the film in , Spend a 1/2 half an hour setting up the scene , don your Picasso Hat , and shoot the whole roll , crack a bottle of champers to celebrate the the ocasion , then slink out of the camera store red faced with 28 Blank prints.

Nobody told me I had to take the friggin lens cover off did they.

They of course would not print them today , but trust me , they did in the old Days

Mick

Got to take this opportunity to THANK STUMPY for saving the day for Mrs Stumpy, my neighbour and myself. About 4 weeks ago we dropped the kids at school and headed for the Mooney Mooney ramp to enjoy the SUNSHINE!!! and the Hawkesbury. I launched the boat, parked the car and I then went to hit the ignition only to find that my battery was flat (MUST REMEMBER TO SWITCH OFF THE FISHFINDER AT THE END OF A FISHING SESSION), anyways Mrs Stumpy phoned her wonderful hubby who arranged to send his mechanic down with their jump starter - thankfully my boat only needed a good cruise around the river to charge it rather than having to purchase another battery. The wonderful, funny, lovable, caring, generous and cheeky Stumpy got us back on the water and fishing in no time - love the FR brotherhood or should that be mother/sisterhood! :pokey:

post-3514-1182478702_thumb.jpg

WHAT'S THAT ODOUR???

Ever started a berley bomb then something happens to make you put it away in a cupboard under the sink and forget about it? Well after a fishing session (a couple of days before we headed to Sussex) I decide to make up a berley bomb in a 2L cordial bottle with the left over bait (prawns/squid), some bran, bread and Tuna oil but for some reason got to this stage and instead of filling it with water and freezing it, I popped it under the sink to finish later.

Now we are talking about a week later on our return from Sussex, we discover a strange odour - we thought that maybe a bush rat had sacrificed itself while we were away only to discover it was my little concoction under the sink. I won't be doing that again ... what a waste of a good berley bomb. :insane:

Cheers Marg

Edited by MGibbo

A mate of mine Bill went and balanced up near the bow of my Quiny and

proceeded to relieve himself in the ocean.While he was half done my

other mate George quickly ran over to my side of the boat to get another

piece of bait,now this guy weighs around 135kg so the boat leaned

abruptly to one side, and SPLASH Bills swimming in the toilet. :1badmood: for him

and :074::074: for us.

penguin

I've just changed over from a 70hp Evinrude to an 85hp Johnson and am ready to tear it up!

we push off at Cabarita and absolutely HOOT out! We're at the bridge within 10 minutes!

we slowed down a bit cause of the washing machine that is our Harbour and get out to Sow'nPigs in record time. Flicked on the finder and checked out the water. "Yep, that was the spot we just drifted over" i said and chucked it in reverse to get back to it. REV REV REV REVVVV but we aint going anywhere?!?!

I trim the motor up ....... WHERE'S MY $%@#$@# PROP?!?!?!?!? :1badmood:

We forgot to check for the split pin when we were fitting the new motor .... there goes a $450 stainless prop! it flew straight off when we put it in reverse!

....ring ring ..... ring ring ..... "hello Seatow!"

lucky for me the prop on the old mototr was same length and pitch so chucked it on!

Edited by fishy fingers

i used to own a ute and after one landbased session i forgot to remove my burley container from the back of the ute which i had not emptied at the time because i was planning to fish at another spot but drove home instead.

it was a couple of weeks later and it was summer, when an mate of a mate needed a lift and all that was available was the back of my ute.

I didnt want to risk getting caught with the bloke in the back but he whinged and whinged, so I finally said yes but only if he made sure the cover was over him and that he wasnt visible (plus it was only a five minute drive to where he wanted to go)

the next day (because the bloke didnt do up the cover when he got out) i smelled a horrible scent and found the container in the back with rotten fish bits, prawns etc.

i ended up throwing the container as it smelled so bad, and whilst cleaning the back of the ute, i was vomiting and laughing at the same time as i remembered the look on the blokes face as he got out of the back and bolted after i dropped him off.

i still laugh when i think of this to this day.

Kev.

Hey Kev, nice mate you are !!! :074:

And to think he begged you to ride in the back - priceless.

Cheers

Greg

I've just changed over from a 70hp Evinrude to an 85hp Johnson and am ready to tear it up!

we push off at Cabarita and absolutely HOOT out! We're at the bridge within 10 minutes!

we slowed down a bit cause of the washing machine that is our Harbour and get out to Sow'nPigs in record time. Flicked on the finder and checked out the water. "Yep, that was the spot we just drifted over" i said and chucked it in reverse to get back to it. REV REV REV REVVVV but we aint going anywhere?!?!

I trim the motor up ....... WHERE'S MY $%@#$@# PROP?!?!?!?!? :1badmood:

We forgot to check for the split pin when we were fitting the new motor .... there goes a $450 stainless prop! it flew straight off when we put it in reverse!

....ring ring ..... ring ring ..... "hello Seatow!"

lucky for me the prop on the old mototr was same length and pitch so chucked it on!

You should tell Ceph where it is.

He will catch it for you :1fishing1:

Cheers

Greg