Offshore Kiama/sydney

Reel Addiction

Well after a long weekend here is the report. Trying to make the most out of a half break in the weather

Saturday - Fished wide off Kiama onboard Reel Addiction. Arrived at the ramp at 7.00 with the weather lookin verg average. 2.0-3.0m swell and 15-20 knot winds

After an hour of discussion we decided to head out so we put the boat in and headed east, drop the lure on the shelf and continued east. We trolled for a few hours until on the radio we heard reports of fish north of use, so we headed up there but by the time we had got there they had gone off the bit, wit 1 boat getting 4 YFT around 20kg. With the weather getting worse and no sign of fish we decided to head for home.

Sunday - Fishd wide off sydney aborad a 35 footer which was much better suited as the condition where much the same as saturday if not worse.

We punched out into the swells and drop the lures around the shelf without a hit till we stumbled across some nice looking water that was very blue and had a few tuna birds stalking around.

We began to cube and after 10 mins we where hooked up to our first after a 10-15 min fight through some extreme conditions 20kg YFT was on the deck.

Line rebaited and back out 2 strips off the spool and it is off again, after a 10 min fight a 10kg albie was onboard we continued to cube for the nex couple of hours for nothing another boat 3 miles away had a triple hookup on albies also.

Here is a pic the fish have lost alot of colour as this was at the dock.

Cheers

Iain

post-954-1182682215_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reel Addiction

Well done Iain,

You were keen heading out on Saturady in your boat.

Hopefully the fin have arrived proper for the winter and we start getting a few

Never felt that it was to much for the boat on saturday if i did i would have turned around, i still managed to average 15 knots on the way in, plus we where fishing close to other boats

well done mate, pretty big seas still i love seeing the yft reports with pics, hopefully tuck into some myself shortly.

There out there mate, like i said few boats got them today i know atleast 3 and there werent that many boats out, just got to find them

Good stuff Iain,

Its good to see the YFT season is on its way proper. Hopefully the seas can settle down a bit so more of us can head out there. how long did it take for you to get out there in the conditions???

JayKay

Good stuff Iain,

Its good to see the YFT season is on its way proper. Hopefully the seas can settle down a bit so more of us can head out there. how long did it take for you to get out there in the conditions???

JayKay

In the bar crusher between 10-15 knots on and off the throttle

In the 35 we didnt even slow down 20 knots all the way