Rainbows In The Mountains - 23/06/2007

Queenfish

Went for a fish last Saturday afternoon to the Blue Mountains for some trout, very very cold.

post-4257-1182766423_thumb.jpg

It was a pleasant surprise to see that the water levels have risen at Lake Wallace, although the water is very murky. I also heard from a local that Lake Lyell has risen approx 6m, still very murky and apparently (can anyone confirm) that boats are now allowed as the newly extended boat ramp reaches the water again. :1fishing1:

As expected with the dirty water the fishing was a bit quite :05:

But as always when the fishing is quite you can count on my hubby Mick to still manage a fish! :1prop:

post-4257-1182766312_thumb.jpg

He caught a 45cm male Rainbow Trout on a fly tied aboved a tassie devil, which was impressive in bad conditions and as this is a new technique we have just started using! :1yikes:

post-4257-1182766222_thumb.jpg

So with the water levels up and a couple of weeks for the water to clear the trout fishing looks good this season. :thumbup:

Over and Out!

P.S I hear TCD water levels should also be rising shortly as some of the extra water from Lake Lyell will be pumped via underground pipes to TCD to service power station.

Edited by Rochelle Bialous

Thanks Mark

Will post some more photos tonight of previous trout captures in the last couple of weeks - the colours have been spectacular.

The fish that have been caught in the last month have all been of exceptional quality, good fat fish.

:thumbup:

Thanks everyone for your comments :thumbup::thumbup:

Below are some more Rainbows caught at Lake Wallace during May.

post-4257-1182848651_thumb.jpg

The photo above is my husband Mick's PB Rainbow Trout 55cms :yahoo: caught on a Tassie Devil!

post-4257-1182848706_thumb.jpg

The above photo is our constant fishing companion Lee's first Rainbow Trout :thumbup: also caught on a Tassie Devil!

post-4257-1182848737_thumb.jpg

Another beautiful day at Lake Wallace!

I've always wanted to try it out, might be going down to the Mountains again overnight this winter sometime. Where abouts is Lake Lyell exactly? Lithgow?

With the report, top stuff mate, very top stuff. How were the conditions on the roads, nice n slippery? :1prop:

Love the look of that trout :)

I've always wanted to try it out, might be going down to the Mountains again overnight this winter sometime. Where abouts is Lake Lyell exactly? Lithgow?

With the report, top stuff mate, very top stuff. How were the conditions on the roads, nice n slippery? :1prop:

Love the look of that trout :)

Dave

Lake Lyell is turnoff is just before Lithgow you can't miss the turn, big BP on the corner.

I would recommend a 4WD vehicle if you are travelling early morning or late afternoon as there has been snow & black ice on the roads, very difficult to see! :1yikes:

Great spot to camp at, very cold during the night though :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing some photos.

Enjoy!