Dual Axle Trailer ?

pekingduck

G’day everyone.

Could someone tell me the how heavy a boat must be before a dual axle trailer is recommended?

Is it just the weight alone which determines whether it is needed or other factors such as distances towed?

I’m looking at a 5.6m Barcrusher and according to the specs it should weigh around 1300kg, but it is on a single axle trailer so I am a little concerned.

Thanks

Hi Pekingduck, tha max weight for any single axle trailer is 1500KG. Be aware though that some brands of trailers are only rated to 1200KG for single axle. It has to do with wheel size and bearing load capability. Check the VIN plate on the trailer-it will tell you there.

Cheers,

Huey.

G’day everyone.

Could someone tell me the how heavy a boat must be before a dual axle trailer is recommended?

Is it just the weight alone which determines whether it is needed or other factors such as distances towed?

I’m looking at a 5.6m Barcrusher and according to the specs it should weigh around 1300kg, but it is on a single axle trailer so I am a little concerned.

Thanks

Upgrading are you Tri?......looking at ripping into some offshore fishing???

Thanks Huey. If the boat weighs 1300kg already, once loaded up with fuel and gear, it would make it borderline.

Upgrading are you Tri?......looking at ripping into some offshore fishing???

I'm looking at the moment Oz. Gotta get something bigger to fit the bub in.

How's baby Selena going ?? and how many nappies have you changed ?