Any One Wanting To Fish Land Based For Social?

wildfish

my plan is to fish akuna bay on saturday arvo/night 7th july for the hairtail social, having a barbie on saturday evening!

im just wondering if any one else is thinking about coming down land based?

i have caught hairtail here before!

just weighing up my options!

Edited by wildfish

Hey maye my initiall plans were to come down for sure but i have major problems with my car and im planning on takin it to the mechanic to have it looked at on monday so depending on how it goes in terms of costs involved etc i might not be able to make it... that and im not sure weather the family has any plans for that weekend.... its prob 50/50 chance ill get down butt ill let you know mate cause your plan sounds great :thumbup:

Hey maye my initiall plans were to come down for sure but i have major problems with my car and im planning on takin it to the mechanic to have it looked at on monday so depending on how it goes in terms of costs involved etc i might not be able to make it... that and im not sure weather the family has any plans for that weekend.... its prob 50/50 chance ill get down butt ill let you know mate cause your plan sounds great :thumbup:

Wats wrong with your car, i might be able to help

my plan is to fish akuna bay on saturday arvo/night 7th july for the hairtail social, having a barbie on saturday evening!

im just wondering if any one else is thinking about coming down land based?

i have caught hairtail here before!

just weighing up my options!

mate that sounds sweet as i was planning to do the samething i will get back to you when i know whats happening

cheers Tom

If Akuna bay is packed as it often is on weekends in winter you could always head over to Cottage Point wharf. I've caught some big Hairies there in the past. Good deep water & some thumping bream around the weed to the left of the wharf towards the restuarant. :biggrin2:

Good luck.

cheers,

Grant.

If Akuna bay is packed as it often is on weekends in winter you could always head over to Cottage Point wharf. I've caught some big Hairies there in the past. Good deep water & some thumping bream around the weed to the left of the wharf towards the restuarant. :biggrin2:

Good luck.

cheers,

Grant.

Thanks Jewhunter might give it a go

i have been told that off the rocks at bobbin head just off the road to appletree is a good spot to so just gotta see what happens i suppose