My New Outfit For Harbour And Bay Kingies

hottyscotty

I needed a stronger outfit for those rare chances to be on a boat but didn't want a full blown game outfit. I can also comfortably cast lures all day. Its a Daiwa Morethan Branzino 3000 mated to a Nitro Magnum Butt. With line on it it'll be close to $1200. Everyone always say get the best right?

img3944md9.th.jpg

img3948kb1.th.jpg

Edited by hottyscotty

Everyone always say get the best right?

img3944md9.th.jpg

img3948kb1.th.jpg

Wow,your certainly taking that piece of advice through and through.

One catch with your proposed rod and real combo(And its a beaut).................... you only have one.

Like many other Raiders, If I invite you out on my boat, I would always expect you to bring 2 or 3 rods.

Because of the different types of fishing we may do throughout the day

or

Because you may have the room to set up 2 Rods with different bait on them.

Have you thought of getting 2 of "Nearly the best outfits" at $600.00 a piece.??

It will certainly give you more chances at a wider scope of fishing.

Cheers

Stumpy

Edited by stumpy

So is that how its gonna get me a spot in a boat eh? :1prop:

I'll be getting more but just not now, probably until i get my own boat in about a year time. The rare chance i get to be on a boat always has 3-4 people on it and its not my boat so i just can't barge in

Nice one Scott!!

Bloody awesome arent they!!

I love mine but I still havent used it yet........

So what line are you going on yours?

I went 10lb Diawa braid. Orange looks the goods against the black of the reel and I have a 20lb roll ready for when I head north in November.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

there 400 in aus only and no more coming over my local tacklo owner was gonna get 1 for him self but he got him self a certate 3500hd 2 smooth 2 be true those Daiwa Morethan Branzino o and dnt drop it on the ground or it will break mg body i think it can hold 16kg of drag suthun like that and the carbon fibre spool is the goods isnt it??

there 400 in aus only and no more coming over my local tacklo owner was gonna get 1 for him self but he got him self a certate 3500hd 2 smooth 2 be true those Daiwa Morethan Branzino o and dnt drop it on the ground or it will break mg body i think it can hold 16kg of drag suthun like that and the carbon fibre spool is the goods isnt it??

:wacko::wacko:

English please.....

IFS

IFS i think this is how it should read

There where only 400 in aus only.

Daiwa have no more coming to over to AUS.

My local tackle store owner was gonna get 1 for him self, but he got himself a certate 3500hd.

Those Daiwa Morethan Branzino are to smooth to be true.

Also don't drop it on the ground or it will break magnesium body

i think it can hold 16kg of drag or some thing like that ,and the carbon fibre spool is the goods isnt it??

IFS i think this is how it should read

There where only 400 in aus only.

Daiwa have no more coming to over to AUS.

My local tackle store owner was gonna get 1 for him self, but he got himself a certate 3500hd.

Those Daiwa Morethan Branzino are to smooth to be true.

Also don't drop it on the ground or it will break magnesium body

i think it can hold 16kg of drag or some thing like that ,and the carbon fibre spool is the goods isnt it??

i still see them in most tackle stores. i suppose they're not like exotic cars where ppl buy them without knowing what they feel like. but some places in japan are short of them. my workmate couldn't get one overseas. they say the earliest would be jan without guarantees. i don't know how smooth they are yet coz i'm still yet to try it, still too much grease i suppose.

according to daiwa its only 7kg drag and yes the spool is light

Edited by hottyscotty

i still see them in most tackle stores. i suppose they're not like exotic cars where ppl buy them without knowing what they feel like. but some places in japan are short of them. my workmate couldn't get one overseas. they say the earliest would be jan without guarantees. i don't know how smooth they are yet coz i'm still yet to try it, still too much grease i suppose.

according to daiwa its only 7kg drag and yes the spool is light

I don't think they are all that smooth as, due to the Hyper Digigear, the gears are made of insanely hard metal. I had a play with one, as well as a Hyper Certate, at Compleat Angler in the city and they certainly "grind" a little, much like a Saltiga. However, while most reels get rougher as time passes, these (in theory) should get smoother!

(Campbells actually put a little message on their Hyper Certate pages, stating something like: Due to extra gear hardness, these are a bit noisier than other reels.)

Incredible little reel though - absolutely perfect for pelagic spinning. Good luck with it. Have you seen the Morethan & Morethan Branzino rods? Check them out at plat.co.jp or navybass.com.

Thanks for that Jonno.

I'm 16 and know my net talk but still couldn't figure out what some of those symbols meant :1prop:

IFS

Im not much older than you ryan, i understood just fine...............................after i read johnno's post :tease: , just teasin ya daniel(canoe fisher), it's all good mate.

cheers james

Nice setup mate, can't wait to hear how it goes.

I was checking out some of the magnesium body reels and they were so light and smooth but the owner of the store was saying that you need to watch them with salt water and that dropping them would most likely crack or shatter the body.

I love the idea behind the use of magnesium but I don't think it's all that practical as it is a lot weaker than other materials.

Still, bloody nice setup mate.

Edited by reLapse

2000 were made for the world market and Australia got 400. No more are to be made either.

Technology is from Hypers, saltigas, exists and the Morethan Brazanio spool to finish it.

A little bit heavier than the 3000 Exist's but it does feel stronger.

Spray it down after use and it will be fine. My Exsts are all over 12 months now and no real problems, just their normal half yearly services.

Still havent got to use mine yet but with all the reports of jews it might be time to pull it out and try christen it :thumbup:

Greg

2000 were made for the world market and Australia got 400.

Wow - I'm surprised we got that many (20%) - Daiwa Australia must be great negotiators. We are a small player on the world stage - probably closer to 2% than 20%. I would've thought the Japs would get something like 50%, the Yanks 40% and the remaining 10% to be shared among the rest of the world. Shows how much I know.

wow that is a serious combo....

hope it gets the thorough use it deserves....

but at that price i think my money would be better spent on a $400 combo and a 2nd hand kayak lol.... you don't need a $1200 combo to catch a kingy mate....

that said i hope you enjoy the wicked setup and put some hurt on the kings

wow that is a serious combo....

hope it gets the thorough use it deserves....

but at that price i think my money would be better spent on a $400 combo and a 2nd hand kayak lol.... you don't need a $1200 combo to catch a kingy mate....

that said i hope you enjoy the wicked setup and put some hurt on the kings

If I had the money mate I wouldn't get anything but the best!

A high quality rod and reel combo will last a lifetime, feel absolutely awsome, give a better cast and will never give less than 110% peformance.

That's the assurance you need when fishing for Kingies and Jewies that will take advantage of every imperfect component you have.

IFS

add to that i just want something expensive.

i mean i don't have a rolex or a bimmer, a house by the water or a sailfish catamaran so i'll just spoil myself this once ;)

Agreed - sometimes in life, you just gotta treat yourself to the best ... and fishing gear isn't a bad way to do it! :thumbup:

you don't need a $1200 combo to catch a kingy mate....

Definately true..But until i fished with a quality reel...being Big Steves stella i didnt realise how much more enjoyable it can make catching kings......

Sydney Kings are getting bigger and bigger each year with the traps gone....this year there were so many that were caught above 90cm...i reckon next year there will be a fair few caught above 1 metre and when these one metre specimens arrive quality will be needed...not just quality reel but quality rods and quality braid with quality swivels......

Thats a top outfit mate and it will get a great workout this season, just get the right braid on it

I would only consider the top Japs braid.......Jigman or Vavaris.....8 weave

Edited by netic

Definately true..But until i fished with a quality reel...being Big Steves stella i didnt realise how much more enjoyable it can make catching kings......

Sydney Kings are getting bigger and bigger each year with the traps gone....this year there were so many that were caught above 90cm...i reckon next year there will be a fair few caught above 1 metre and when these one metre specimens arrive quality will be needed...not just quality reel but quality rods and quality braid with quality swivels......

Thats a top outfit mate and it will get a great workout this season, just get the right braid on it

I would only consider the top Japs braid.......Jigman or Vavaris.....8 weave

in the right hands a 1200 buck outfit will be well used and appreciated.... you guys regularly get into big kings and need good gear... i just think a lot of people are misguided into thinking all you need is a saltiga or a stella and forget the fact that you need the boat the downriggger, fresh bait and the time to chase these monsters...and then you need a reef away from the hordes

putting a rod that can pull massive amounts of drag into inexperienced hands can be dangerous and/or expensive...

my uncle and his mates fish leadlines for their kingys, and while it is not sporting its certainly cheap and effective...