Pasha Bulker Live Webcam Reminder

mrmoshe

Just a reminder for those interested...Coastalwatch has set up a live webcam on the ship so

you can watch any attempt to refloat her any time soon.

Looks like they are pumping out the holds now as you can see water flowing from it's scuppers on the port side.

The first attempt was supposed to happen at 1800 Eastern tonight, but who knows.

Live Webcam

Cheers,

Pete.

just heard a littla while ago one of the tugs rope snapped, sure is gonna be hard with only two to hold her straight... somehow i think its gonna be a demo/wreck job from its current possie... once weather permits that is......

just heard a littla while ago one of the tugs rope snapped, sure is gonna be hard with only two to hold her straight... somehow i think its gonna be a demo/wreck job from its current possie... once weather permits that is......

ive been looking at the camera periodically and it looks to be swaying from side to side a bit more now. hopefully they get it out in one piece.

ive been looking at the camera periodically and it looks to be swaying from side to side a bit more now. hopefully they get it out in one piece.

Yes, that's confirmed that a tow cable snapped.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21984061-2,00.html

Boy, she's swaying from side to side like a tinny now.

Hope they can stabilise it before it hits the reef behind it.

Pete.

Looks like they may have called it a night - i suppose theyll be back for more tomorrow AM.

Yes, next high is at 0728 tomorrow morning (1.27 metres) so a little more water than tonight.

It'll be daylight too so will get a better view of the operation.

Cheers,

Pete.

i think they will need all the help they can get... prey to your gods of choice raiders that all ends up ok. this has the potential to be a real environmental disaster for the locals if things go belly up.... i hope they surveyed those reefs like they reckon and have contingency plans able to cope with whatever happens..... anyway good luck to all involved and hope theres no casualties..

geez it sure as hell looks to be swaying frm left to right back and forth,

i dunno if its the camera or the angle or wat but it really looks to be moving

lets hope they can get her out...

they pumped the balast out to lightn her up so they could try to float her off. i would say thats why shes swaying in the swell.. i hope those remaining lines from the tugs hold her so she doesnt swing further around.....