Converting A Shimano 30 To A 20 Series

squidboy

:1prop: Hello fellow raiders,

Was wondering if anyone would know whether you can convert a shimano tyrnos 30 into a tyrnos 20 by changing the reel case and spool in the inside of the reel?

I like the 20 but cant afford more gear. The 30 is a bit heavy duty for kings in the harbour for me.

Any help would be great.

Regards

Squidboy

Hey mate

My brother (Greg) uses a tyrnos 30 and if you can afford it, they are well worth it...... It is definately not a overkill for Sydney Harbour kingys, as I can vouch for it, as can a few other Fishraiders, that have seen Greg get absolutely blitzed by fish!!!!! Zzzzzzzzz

D&G

Mate why would you wanted to change a reel down a size...the weight difference will be very small if any and the rest of the reel is nearly identical.....

Its like saying you want to change your corrollas motor from a 2.0 to a 1.8.....a whole lot of stuffing around with little or any benefit what so ever....

Mate why would you wanted to change a reel down a size...the weight difference will be very small if any and the rest of the reel is nearly identical.....

Its like saying you want to change your corrollas motor from a 2.0 to a 1.8.....a whole lot of stuffing around with little or any benefit what so ever....

Thanks for all the help Nectic. I saw you on the Harbour once and i hope the kings get better this coming year. I find the width of the reel hard to handle since Im not built like tank. Guess thats the feeling most people get on the bigger kings LOL

Thanks for all the help Nectic. I saw you on the Harbour once and i hope the kings get better this coming year. I find the width of the reel hard to handle since Im not built like tank. Guess thats the feeling most people get on the bigger kings LOL

Mate they are a great reel....downsizing wont do a great deal.......unfortunatelt as a powerful over head it is gonna be heavy...it you want a lighter reel you can go a charter special but then you dont get the strength of a tyrnos....