What Gear Too Use While Fishing Landbased

Thomas Mattarelli

Hey guys, :1prop:

well as the topic heading says what gear do i use for fishing landbased for hairtail

Rod weight and length?, line size, float?, and whatever else. I was planning on using my 12ft beachrod so i have more of a cast under my belt but didnt want to look like a sillybilly there so im asking you guys before i go, i dont really need to know to much about the rig because i am buying some of the rigs from the nice, friendly young tackle shop owner i like to call Watto lol anyways guys and girls help a brother any info will be much appriciated

Thanks guys have a good day and TightlineS :1fishing1:

Tom

Edited by Tom Hunt

I (and others I've seen landbased fishing for hairies) use my rock/beach outfit. ie 12 foot long c@#$ and reel with a float setup. make sure you have a stopper for the float which allows decent depths 5 - 7- 9 metres.

An old guy I spoke with once told me he'd use light line eg 6pd to tie onto his main line as the stopper - less likely to catch on rod guides and limit casting distance.

I (and others I've seen landbased fishing for hairies) use my rock/beach outfit. ie 12 foot long c@#$ and reel with a float setup. make sure you have a stopper for the float which allows decent depths 5 - 7- 9 metres.

An old guy I spoke with once told me he'd use light line eg 6pd to tie onto his main line as the stopper - less likely to catch on rod guides and limit casting distance.

Dude i dont realy know how to do a float stopper up that far when i fish with a float i normal send the bait down 1.5m at the most and just use a bead to stop the float how do you use line that far up as a stopper??

And guys im keen to hear anyone elses ways to fish landbased for hairies?? :1fishing1:

Thanks

Tom

Dude i dont realy know how to do a float stopper up that far when i fish with a float i normal send the bait down 1.5m at the most and just use a bead to stop the float how do you use line that far up as a stopper??

And guys im keen to hear anyone elses ways to fish landbased for hairies?? :1fishing1:

Thanks

Tom

post-2871-1184202254_thumb.gif

post-2871-1184202273_thumb.gif

post-2871-1184202294_thumb.gif

These images were sourced from http://www.steelheader.net/knots/float_stopper.htm

hope it helps.

Sweet thanks guys i had a feeling thats how you meant to do the stopper Choad but wasnt to sure

And thanks Gohardorgohome my rod should be alright i supose its been made up for fishing for Salmon, tailor and jewies best compo Watto could build up for the price

Thanks again guys for the help i think i am going to go give it a try sometime this weekend

if anyone is interested give me a yell

TightlineS Guys and Girls

Tom