Snapper/squire On Soft Plastics

douglas

Hello all,

I am extremely keen to give softie fishing for snapper a go. Today I purchased a pack of berkley gulp 5" jerk shads in the glow variety and a pack of berkley powerbait 4" minnow in the pearl watermelon colour. If anyone has used these for this purpose it would e great to know your thoughts. Also anyone with any experience in softie fishing for snapper, it would be great if you could tell me anything/everything you know. Such as ways to work the lures, jigheads, drop-shotting, leaders and lure selection. Also I have an outfit which will do the job for now but am looking at purchasing a purpose assembled snapper fishing outfit. Maybe the shimano twin power on a decent shimano rod. What are your thoughts.

Any help is appreciated, thanks. Dougy

go to your fav spot.

burley with some sinking pellets to get them going.

then cast ,count to ten, give it a little twitch, and wind in a couple of turns. count to ten, twitch and wind in a couple of turns.

experiment with different retrieves speeds and tecknics, but start off slow

im not the worlds greatest sp fisherdude, but using this tecknic you will get snapper, trevally, bream,

if your getting hits with no hookups the fish are to small and you dont want them anyway

Go and talk to Fishfinder Tony He is a wealth of knowledge on reds on SPs He also has a great range of outfits for SP reds to suit any budget The SPs you have will do the job rig them on jigheads that will allow it to drop slowly so the SPs work on the way down this is when a lot of reds will hit it The best technique to start with is the same as you would for flatties a couple of quick lifts then let it sit on the bottom Try fishing gravel patches around reefs