Harbour Jew

netic

Hey guys...well with the big southerly expected to come in this arvo we cancelled the browns trip last night just incase it came in earlier then planned.....Then Sal calls me and says lets go for a jew fish.....Me not being a great fan of fishing for jews says call john and see what he wants to do....

John agrees and i get a call back saying we will pick you up at 1.30am...

They pick me up and Sal, John and Mark are ready to go, Mark has been dying to catch a jew and has high hopes tonight...

Anyway we hit the water around 2.30am and head to the spit to get some yakkas and squid....we pick up 1 squid and 2 x XOS yakkas in an hour and a half.....then we back towards Rose Bay to drop the baits down and see what happens...

We mdrop the baits down at about 4.30am and me,sal and john all crash in the cabin as Mark watches the rods like a hawk...

At 5.00am all we hear is....im on...im on......

We bounce up to see he is fighting a fish....the rod with the live yakka on it.....He fights the fish then hands it to john to also enjoy and we boat a not bad size jew....nothing big but it is weighed in at 7.5kg.....didnt have a brag mat for measurement.....

30 minutes and one jew...not bad i say and Mark is over the moon that he has broken his virginity with jews...Me and sal look at each other and say...bring back the kings....we were reminded again at how easily a jew fish is beaten in a fight......took only 1 minte to bing on board.....a 7.5kg king would have ruined my back before coming on board.......

we stayed till 6.00am and had 2 more hits for zero hook ups and then we decided to come home as we were freezing and the westerly was picking up....boat packed away and back home by 7.30am to write this report...Good little session and just glad to get on the water.

Congrats Nectic.

I reckon i saw your boat at the spit around that time.

Unfortunately i was coming over the spit in a cab, soon as i saw a boat there i wanted to get out straight away.

Heading into Middle Harbor in an hour to see what i can find.

cheers

dan

......Anyway we hit the water around 2.30am and head to the spit to get some yakkas and squid....we pick up 1 squid and 2 x XOS yakkas in an hour and a half.....then we back towards Rose Bay to drop the baits down and see what happens...

hi netic

what size were the xos yakkas? i've been told the big yakkas came in after the big rains.

cheers.

jewgaffer

fish on :1fishing1:

hi netic

what size were the xos yakkas? i've been told the big yakkas came in after the big rains.

cheers.

Mate they were well over 30cm

Nice Jewie there Netic

May I ask what size hook/s and what kind of trace and rig you were using?

cheers

Mate believe it or they were my YFT rigs...Didnt have anything else ready......Single 7/0 hooks on 40lb trace

Thanks Netic

Just one last queston

Were they "circle" or "J" and how was the hook attacked to the yakka

cheers

inhlanzi

Mate they were Stainless Steel J Hooks, attacked to the back of the yakkas

Outstanding :yahoo:

I remember Crazy Faradation at the last workshop, complaining about a lack of success on the jewfish and then he comes up with this beauty of a first. :thumbup:

Congrats Crazy man. I can only imagine your anxiety and joy after landing your first.

Regards

Red

p.s. did you try that little spot i mentioned the other night?

Netic, there's only one bloke worth offering cash to and that my mate Jewie Jim. Try-hards like myself aren't worth 5 cents :074:

Yeah, i'd like to fish with the crazy man when the weather warms a tad. He looks like a fun guy :thumbup: Hopefully we could tee up a trip with Penguin and the other crazy man. Too many crazies in that group :1prop:

Regards

Red