Hairy Social

Brad Duffell

Gday raiders,

Well Saturday started fresh in the morning where Fisho5 and smole82 and myself went for a beach bash on plam beach. Fisho5 with his third cast with his metal slug got hammered and his rod bent over double (see pic) post-1955-1183873918_thumb.jpg

Whatever it was (we suspect shark of some kind due to head constant head shakes) took mitch for a run for 20 mins taking him all over the beach and diving all over the shot. mitch was buggered by this point and it gave one finall pull and stole off with the lure :1badmood::ranting2: After that run i got hit like a train but was short lived. No more luck after that prompted us to change tactics and head towards the rocks. After a few flicks in with some metal and pilles with no luck and the waves picking up we decided to head to atb. We were planning to park in the carpark and leave sometime during the night as we had to be home for sunday but forgot about the fact that they leave the gates closed so we had to park at mt kuringai and walk all the bloddy was down to the water. Fishing through the arvo and into the night brought some bream, squire whiting flounder and jackets with a squid towards the end of the night. post-1955-1183874569_thumb.jpg post-1955-1183874740_thumb.jpg

As it was getting very dark a Group of women from the south coast for a bushwalking adventure found themselves lost and could not find the track back up the mountain (understandable given lack of light/recent rains) We felt it was necessary to walk them to the top of the mountain just to make sure they made it back safely arent we nice :1prop: and they very kindly gave us a reward and told us to buy some drinks on them. It was very uplifting to konw that there are very grateful people out there if you are willing to lend a hand :biggrin2: We got back down and fished till about 11 and called it quits as it was very very cold and we were both tired from the evenings walking.

The walk back up was a bloddy killer with all the gear with us but we mamaged and had coke and scones waiting fro us in the car. We had a ball and would do it again anyday.

Cheers,

Brad

Edited by Fishing+Guitar=Heaven

Well done Brad,

Just one hike down to the river and back up again would knock the stuffing out of me, let alone two!

Very kind of you to help out some damsels in distress.

Where did you find the gates closed?

I haven't been down there at night for a while, but it used to be open all night, despite the signs to the contrary on the gates at ATB.

Cheers,

Rick

Hi Brad

Bad luck on losing both the big fish - shame Mitch got a bit tired - would have been good to identify it for sure!

Also well done on helping the damsels in distress - they would have really appreciated your company & guidance by that stage - hope you enjoyed the rewards!

Yeah - ya gotta remember the places that lock you in after dusk!! A long, cool night if it happens!

Cheerio

Roberta

Good on you for giving it a go!

well done, great report, at least you guys had fun

Frequent Member

Group: SITE SPONSOR

Member No.: 2,011

well done, great report, at least you guys had fun

yep thats fishing :yahoo:

Mitch mate, what are ya doing, i need to get you on the gym, if your coming out chasing yft's and marlin with myself and domza theres no way i'm going to let you fight a fish, u won't even be touching my gaff's :tease:

Good report mate, i have a thought on what mitch hooked,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a steam train?

cheers james