Botany Bay What The?

thereddragon

Hi all,

My mate last night piked out on our saturday morning fish, so I put an add in the Desperate and boatless for a crew member to no avial. Anyway so I thought what the heck Ill go by myself.

Launched the boat at 6:00am at Kyeemagh, headed out to Moll point, took nearly an hour to anchor, swell and current was a bit too much for my light anchor. Sent down a whole squid 40lb with 80lb leader within 5min zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz strike snap :( reaload whith steel trace zzzzzzzzzzzz strike snap reaload, got the :1badmood: and went to the drums landed 2 trevs. Went back to moll point, nothing for 1hour so left and went for whiting off ramsgate beach, landed 6 whitting, left and went to third runway for zilch, back to the cooks river and landed a 3bream with my new flick stick :biggrin2: .

Hi all,

My mate last night piked out on our saturday morning fish, so I put an add in the Desperate and boatless for a crew member to no avial. Anyway so I thought what the heck Ill go by myself.

Launched the boat at 6:00am at Kyeemagh, headed out to Moll point, took nearly an hour to anchor, swell and current was a bit too much for my light anchor. Sent down a whole squid 40lb with 80lb leader within 5min zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz strike snap :( reaload whith steel trace zzzzzzzzzzzz strike snap reaload, got the :1badmood: and went to the drums landed 2 trevs. Went back to moll point, nothing for 1hour so left and went for whiting off ramsgate beach, landed 6 whitting, left and went to third runway for zilch, back to the cooks river and landed a 3bream with my new flick stick :biggrin2: .

An idea what busted you off mate, did the line snap instanty, if not how long where you connected for.

Still a nice bag of fish mate well done, would have been nice to know what is lurcking around at moll point

An idea what busted you off mate, did the line snap instanty, if not how long where you connected for.

Still a nice bag of fish mate well done, would have been nice to know what is lurcking around at moll point

Line snaped about 3sec after strike, addmittedly I had drag on hard as I did'nt want to fight to long as the swell was crappy, just wanted to winch the fish in asap.

What did you take the whiting and bream on?

Dave

The whiting on bloodworm longshank hook tiny sinker. Bream 3" minnow pumpkin seed 1/24.

must be some massive leatherjacket or something lol to cut u off that quick. or a shark.

The only big fish that I have caught consistently are tailor, never caught a leatherjacket or a shark so dont know.

I keep a close eye on the rod tip and line at all times, did not notice any movements prior to the fish running away with the bait.

reel addiction you're quite right about feeling something strange could be lurking around in close in this particularly odd winter from qld to vic and the late currents that didn't happen last year still hanging around :1yikes: and i'm not talking jews on that gear no way but not entirely dismissing sharks but.... mmmm

reel addiction your own hunch if you have one would be interesting and probably you're 100% right

interesting post.

jewgaffer

fish on :1fishing1:

ps i was tempted to pm thereddraggon to see if he wanted to night fish his or my boat in the georges instead of am and that may have proved good timing for jews.

Edited by jewgaffer