Budgewoi Beach 14/07/07

Davy

Hey raiders,

Just thought I'd report on a pretty good session at the beach this morning at Budgewoi. Went up on friday arvo with dad, uncle and fishing buddies and settled into the caravan park. Sas were very rough to fish in the arvo, so we didnt stay long. we headed over to the lake to try for bream or flatties for zip.

This morning woke up to a mildly windy and very cold day. nevertheless we braved the cold and headed up to Budgewoi at about 630am. Planning to fish the rising tide, the high was predicted at around 9am so we checked out the conditions and burleyed up, prepped the pillies and rigs etc, with things looking good.

post-1543-1184411594_thumb.jpg

post-1543-1184411600_thumb.jpg

First baits out, dad is on to a nice salmon. good start! Little bugger broke the rod holder!

post-1543-1184411608_thumb.jpg

After all the fuss with this first salmon, we went back to it. only to find our bucket floating in the wash, with our pillie block gone :ranting2::ranting2: . so it was off to the bait shop again, while the rest stayed in our spots waiting. New block arrives and we're back at it.

my mate Dave (duribe) was still yet to christen the new rod. After countless "boy who cried wolf" moments of "im on, im on!", he finally got smacked by a fish. The fish provided good fun jumping about in the surf, which was a great sight to see. after a good little tussle he pulled in this very nice tailor.

post-1543-1184411616_thumb.jpg

More salmon followed...

post-1543-1184411624_thumb.jpg

post-1543-1184411642_thumb.jpg

Finally i get hit like a steam train. This one took an amazing amount of drag, as well as taking me a little bit down the beach forcing others to reel in their lines (thnx guys if u read this!). after abt a 5-6 min tussle, i pulled this biggun up onto the sand.

post-1543-1184411634_thumb.jpg

Went a whopping 70cm exactly and is my PB! Yipeeeee. Happy with that.

Stayed a little while longer, with the action dying down as soon as the tide started to recede.

A top day, with no rain! Those weather predictions lie! :1prop:

Cheers and tight lines

Davy