Juno Point

nargse1

hi all,

went out to juno point today. a full solid 8hours in the same spot with the hope of something big...........

...........nothing to brag about :mad3:

plenty of tailor round when burleying and some yellow tail.

bait used... frozen squid, frozen and live yellow tail, frozen bull mullet fillets, prawns, steak pieces too...

threw a few plastics round also and they actually caught the only ok fish.... heaps of tailor, one 28cm bream, one 50ish cm flattie, 2 small whiting, one wierd ass looking crab, one rock cod of some kind.

any advice on juno point?

Sounds like you had all the right food groups (actually, rather impressive)

Just one of those days at Juno. :thumbdown:

I have never had a good day there, it's either been bloody unreal.................. or bloody shitty. :wacko:

Some of the better fishos in Raider may add something more substantial or sensible,

But...........

Thats my take on Juno :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Stumpy

hi all,

went out to juno point today. a full solid 8hours in the same spot with the hope of something big...........

bait used... frozen squid, frozen and live yellow tail, frozen bull mullet fillets, prawns, steak pieces too...

threw a few plastics round also and they actually caught the only ok fish.... heaps of tailor, one 28cm bream, one 50ish cm flattie, 2 small whiting, one wierd ass looking crab, one rock cod of some kind.

Avoid it like the plague!

Juno is the home of big jewies and will break the spirit of any man. It's like the mythical Sirens..you get drawn in by the offering and get reduced to a hollow shell.

Maybe I've been there to often. :wacko:

Chris

ps. seriously though not much to chase there...move around a bit...if nothing happens in an hour move on..you can always come back. plenty of good spots all around that area..they just work at different times.

Guest Reely

You would prolly be better off fishing the Steel if you gonna sit in one spot for that long. More variety of species there and more fish.

I have had nothing but eels and sea lice in my last few trips. It can be devastating to have hard earned fresh squid baits dissolved by sea lice. A good knowledge of the currents seems to be essential for Juno and the rest of the Hawkesbury.

Cheers

Juno will break any man. It is a soleless %%%%% of a place which taunts us all with the odd XOS Jewie.

I have large emotional scars from Juno.

I am not bitter.

C.

May be there should be some kind of support group..JA...Juno Anonymous. :wacko:

Chris

hi all,

yep i sure have. it should be relocated to campbelltown. always wanted to live on the water and i don't think i'm asking for all that much of the hawkesbury

jewgaffer

fish on :1fishing1:

May be there should be some kind of support group..JA...Juno Anonymous. :wacko:

Chris

I'll ba a part of that group for sure.... lmao

Ive spent so much time at juno with only eels and cat fish to show for it. I caught a hammerhead there a few years back also.... just rubbish.

You know how it got it's name?

"Juno i sat here for hours and got zip."

"Flunked and Stunk" is only marginally better.

What I would like to know is how many hours of footage were condensed to make the "Jewfish Secrets" dvd.

I too, am not bitter and twisted by this place and I definitely did not experience any jealousy when sitting there at dawn one morning with my wonderful array of live and superfresh baits untouched, the boat next to me pulled in a four foot jewie.

hi all,

Hey nargse1 you should be used to it by now

think about all the cold fishless night we have had of late.

I reckon it's time to fix the house up and wait till the weather warms up.

I might go for a quick session down the bridge after work, just happen to have all the gear in the boot.

give us a buzz.

As an irregular Juno fisher but regular Juno fishing report reader I would offer the following advice:

1. Unless you know Juno well you ought not bother fishing it during the full run of the tide. Most fish appear to be caught in the hour either side of a tide change where the run slacks off a bit and the Jewies move out from cover to start searching for food. The smaller the tidal variation the better - as this prolongs the 'slack' part of the tides.

I imagine there are specific 'ambush' spots at Juno where the jewies hold during strong current but unless you know where they are you're wasting your time. Most people fish elsewhere and then run to Juno for the tide change.

2. You had the right bait types but they were all frozen and therefore sub-standard. I'm sure you'd catch jewies with them on a good day, but on a slow day only fresh will do! I would have put a 10/0 through the back of one of the tailor or whiting and sent him down live.

Having said that you actually did OK for a slow day at Juno. I've had plenty where we've caught precicely nothing - although when every line has a 10/0 with a whole squid on it you tend to cut down on 'by-catch'.

thanks everyone.

if theres any more advice id love to hear about it or anywhere else in the hawksbury area.

never the less i do dare say i will fish Juno again on the asumption that that big jewie will take the bait one day.........this time not for aslong i think. :1fishing1: