Okuma Inspira

Lizardboy

I'm thinking of getting an Okuma Inspira IS20 as a cheaper reel for my secondary bream/bass outfit and just wanted to get a few oppinions on them. I've heard good reports about the okuma Epix, but not too much about the inspira.

I use a Daiwa capricorn 2000 as my main reel and have been more than happy with it, but I wouldn't mind trying something different and the inspira seems like a similar spec'd reel, but also a fair bit cheaper.

Cheers,

Lizard

I'm thinking of getting an Okuma Inspira IS20 as a cheaper reel for my secondary bream/bass outfit and just wanted to get a few oppinions on them.  I've heard good reports about the okuma Epix, but not too much about the inspira.

I use a Daiwa capricorn 2000 as my main reel and have been more than happy with it, but I wouldn't mind trying something different and the inspira seems like a similar spec'd reel, but also a fair bit cheaper.

Cheers,

Lizard

22020[/snapback]

Hi mate.

I have bought an Inspira20 off ebay about 4 months ago, brand new for 89.95. I purchased it off a guy called Reelfactory.

The reel for me is great, its the best reel i got in my colletion now. its smooth, nice design.

As far as talking about if it can handle salmon and kings with its drag, i can not say as the biggest fish ive caught on it is a 30 cm bream :ranting2: but i rekon it can handle anything.

im a crappy fisherman :thumbdown:

But some people might debate about its weight. I know its slightly more heavier then other reels, but its not that much of an issue to me.

Overall, if you can get one off ebay, its a great reel....rather then paying 180 outright.

Here a link for you... off the guy i got it from. he got it for 100 buks, + 15 postage.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...ssPageName=WDVW

by the way, comes with 2 aluminium spools

I have an inspira 30 and IMO stay away. for the money a similiar priced shimano is a far better reel. I am very dissapointed and expected alot better. Thank goodness i got it overseas, they are such an overpriced reel! Would rather fish with a symetre anyday. The drag increments arn't senseitve and when opened up, the componentry is cheap. Each to their own but that is what i think. Hope that helps.

Hey LB Im currently using an IS15 and havnt had any trouble. Yes maybe a litle heavier than the other reels but im not to fussed myself. I have pulled in a 4-1/2 kilo carp with it and it didnt miss a beat. Im happy anyway.

Thanks for the replys Guys,

Muscle I already had E-bay in mind :thumbup:

I'll have a little bit more of a think about it, but will probably go ahead with it.

Cheers,

Gus

Hey LB Im currently using an IS15 and havnt had any trouble. Yes maybe a litle heavier than the other reels but im not to fussed myself. I have pulled in a 4-1/2 kilo carp with it and it didnt miss a beat. Im happy anyway.

22092[/snapback]