21.8 Kilo Giant Trevally Caught In The Tweed River By New Member Jakjayno1

jewgaffer

hi everyone

i thought these photos of young jay cottrell, "jay the hat" from kingscliff qld would interest members and in particular show our younger members what they were capable of catching themselves with a bit of dedication and perseverence of course. there is a real light at the end of the tunnel for keen anglers

these photos really show you all that there really are big fish in little rivers and they too can be caught if you think harder and get to think like a fish.

jay the hat cottrell is a close friend of my wife shirl and i as well as being my best qld fishing mate and jay joined fishraider only yesterday and the fishraider name will hit darwin that's for sure.

jay was trained from a kid by my close mate the one and only Jimmy bowers from ballina who is a former brother in law and best fishing mate of our own stewy swordfisherman :05::biggrin2:

jay's fishraider name is jakjayno1 and take a look at the size of the summer jacks, :1yikes: jay caught in jewhunters back yard when grant was'nt looking :074:

any members thinking of fishing the tweed or the richmond please feel free to send jay a pm and chat, he said you are very welcome.

and you oughta see the size of the jewies up there :1yikes:

regards

jewgaffer

fish on :1fishing1:

post-829-1184994341_thumb.jpg

post-829-1184994509_thumb.jpg

post-829-1184995310_thumb.jpg

post-829-1184996100_thumb.jpg

thanks everyone who helped me learn to post pictures.

inhlanzi stewy and the admin team zrep, flightmanager and everyone involved in getting an older computer struggler almost half right at that. but there's more to go yet and thank you kindly paul zrep i feel free to ask. you helped me a lot

cheers to all those who helped me gaff and land this darn 100lb computer a big thanks from my wife shirl and my grandson little jewgaffer

post-829-1184995458_thumb.jpg

post-829-1184995572_thumb.jpg

Edited by jewgaffer

[thanks everyone who helped me learn to post pictures.

inhlanzi stewy and the admin team zrep, flightmanager and everyone involved in getting an older computer struggler almost half right at that. but there's more to go yet and thank you kindly paul zrep i feel free to ask. you helped me a lot

cheers to all those who helped me gaff and land this darn 100lb computer a big thanks from my wife shirl and my grandson little jewgaffer]

Some nice fish there.

Jewgaffer, im glad you are enjoying the site and im very impressed that an old timer like yourself has embraced and is enjoying the internet.

welldone! :thumbup:

And thankyou for your very informative posts.

Edited by CaineS

great pics and great fish

have a look at the b52 it needs a few new Trebles :074:

it looks like your getting the hang of the internet now JG

hey johnno what a great observation on the turned out trebles.

i'll ask jay about the bent out trebles mate. i think he bends them out to be more effective though

jewgaffer

Wow! :1yikes:

Gee I'm looking forward to fishing the river this summer! I've got the tinny set up & ready to go. Jacks will be the main target. I've gathered some knowledge from a few locals up here. :biggrin2:

They're some big Jacks Jay is holding. The Tweed river is famous for holding some of the biggest, meanest Jacks anywhere in NSW. That GT is awesome!

Kingscliff is only 10 mins from me so I'll drop Jay a p.m & try to hook up for a fish with him. I can't wait to swap Jewie piccies & stories with him! :thumbup: Hopefully we can give the local population up here a bit of a touch up.

Cheers,

Grant.

Have to agree with Grant

They are a nice pair of Jacks and the other fish are all

top shelf items :thumbup:

Good to see the :1fishing1: is so good for you guy's up north

Anybody consider a Tweed Social at Grant's ..... nice

back yard mate :biggrin2:

Chris

• 5 weeks later...

hi everyone

i thought these photos of young jay cottrell, "jay the hat" from kingscliff qld would interest members and in particular show our younger members what they were capable of catching themselves with a bit of dedication and perseverence of course. there is a real light at the end of the tunnel for keen anglers

these photos really show you all that there really are big fish in little rivers and they too can be caught if you think harder and get to think like a fish.

jay the hat cottrell is a close friend of my wife shirl and i as well as being my best qld fishing mate and jay joined fishraider only yesterday and the fishraider name will hit darwin that's for sure.

jay was trained from a kid by my close mate the one and only Jimmy bowers from ballina who is a former brother in law and best fishing mate of our own stewy swordfisherman :05::biggrin2:

jay's fishraider name is jakjayno1 and take a look at the size of the summer jacks, :1yikes: jay caught in jewhunters back yard when grant was'nt looking :074:

any members thinking of fishing the tweed or the richmond please feel free to send jay a pm and chat, he said you are very welcome.

and you oughta see the size of the jewies up there :1yikes:

regards

jewgaffer

post-829-1184994341_thumb.jpg

post-829-1184994509_thumb.jpg

post-829-1184995310_thumb.jpg

post-829-1184996100_thumb.jpg

thanks everyone who helped me learn to post pictures.

cheers to all those who helped me gaff and land this darn 100lb computer a big thanks from my wife shirl and my grandson little jewgaffer

Cripes. I awoke this morning and there was a pop up on my computer and it was this post.

Strike me lucky the size of this GT trevally almost knocked me and my uncle toby's for a six .

Just take another look at this big animal and imagine it just fossicking along quitely sharing the pickings with the little tail wagging blackfish just in by the rocks of such a peaceful unobtrusive little river like the Tweed.

But I tell you what when jakjayno1 tricked this neanderthal monster on that Gold Bomber lure, I reckon all hell broke loose. :1yikes:

Strike me lucky Jay you sure had awoken a sleeping giant. The Tweed river would have erupted in an enormous implosion and would have almost turned itself inside out. :1yikes:

The peaceful little green grass munchers would have almost died of fright. The rays would have gone running for cover and even the jew fled in panic as the whole darn Tweed River burst its banks.

Jay Cottrell my good friend that sure is one helluva mighty fish to pull out from a little spot in a little old river mate.

Best regards

jewgaffer

Cheers Jay, and Shirl and I and little Byron will grab Jimmy on our way thru Ballina and see you soon now it looks and when we go for a hit or two with Jewhunter Grant mate I really do reckon we'll sure make a mighty big hole in the jew!

B.

Edited by jewgaffer

Jay described that fight in detail to me & it sure did sound like all hell broke loose! :1yikes:

I reckon I saw the bow waves 30km's up river at my place! :biggrin2:

I'm looking forward to having a fish with you lot when you're up this way mate. Mmmm, Jew steaks on the bbq sounds good. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant.