Browns Report

holmes

We went yesterday and caught nothing, both trolling and cubing.

I wouldnt exactly know how to tell you how the current was but it wasnt slow and it wasnt fast. We were drifting say about 100m appro every minute and half.

I wouldnt exactly know how to tell you how the current was but it wasnt slow and it wasnt fast. We were drifting say about 100m appro every minute and half.

Same thing for us yesterday. We trolled all day and the only excitement we got was on a current line on our way back at about 2.45pm. This was about 6 nm from Browns. It was all dolphin action, 100's of them. They are magnificent animals to watch though as they jump around and swim near the boat.

hi frank were the bottom bashers getting any yesterday ?

regards

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Well we are heading out tomorrow and i really hope the rumours are true....heard the longliners have been out there smashing them the last few nights...spewing they got there before i did...

Well we are heading out tomorrow and i really hope the rumours are true....heard the longliners have been out there smashing them the last few nights...spewing they got there before i did...

do you mean true or not true because im sure the longliners couldnt be a good thing.

Edited by frankp

do you mean true or not true because im sure the longliners couldnt be a good thing.

These are the only guys I saw catching anything. I think they call them dropliners. This was at 12 mile and there were 2 of them.

post-4273-1185272917_thumb.jpg

And for those dolphins, here are few pics

post-4273-1185273041_thumb.jpg

post-4273-1185273116_thumb.jpg

Fished browns and then another 30kms north east for all zero's yesterday. The current is roaring from the north and the water is very cold. The best we could find was 17.2 and that was well wide of browns. Heard of one pro boat that fished monday night and went home with nothing. The water has pushed well north of us but with the current pushing as hard as it is it shouldn't take long for the better water to return and bring the fish with it.

Cheers Shane.

My mates were out in my boat yesterday and got nothing either just an Alfonsino of 2kg off the bottom of Browns.! Saw one Fin jumping but he was solo! They recorded similar temps to you.

Oz is out there i think today too, wonder how he went?

Kamil

Guest tightrs

No fin out there today for us, managed 5 blue eye ( 12kg, 8kg and 3 x 3kg ) So good feed anyway !!!