Fishing Jervis Bay, Wreck Bay And Nearby Estuaries

Morgo

G'day, I have a holiday house at Berrarra near Swan Lake (On the south coast just south of Jervis Bay) and I'm wondering if anyone knows any hotspots for any fish.

I have a small inflatable boat so can venture out a bit but generally have to stay inshore.

If anyone has any info on best baits, spots, tips and more I'd love to hear from you. Seriously, absolutely anything!

cheers :1fishing1:

Edited by Morgo

G'day, I have a holiday house at Berrarra near Swan Lake (On the south coast just south of Jervis Bay) and I'm wondering if anyone knows any hotspots for any fish.

I have a small inflatable boat so can venture out a bit but generally have to stay inshore.

If anyone has any info on best baits, spots, tips and more I'd love to hear from you. Seriously, absolutely anything!

cheers :1fishing1:

I was going to ask the same question.

I go to Sussex and have started heading outside a bit. I have had a bit of success on the reefs behind the bommie or you can drift for flathead on the sand flats anywhere around there. Just use pilchards or strip baits

The oter option is to pull a couple of lures around the Island in front of the Sussex bar

Thanks for the insight

Also I've learnt that there are some artificial reefs in St. Georges Basin and Salmon and Tailor are taken from almost all the beaches.

The local butcher had some pics of locally caught fish on his wall and among the monster flatties was an incredible 60lb Jewie from Berrarra beach.

Unfortunatley the photos were pretty old and I havn't heard of any recent monsters being pulled up.

I'll keep trying and come summer I'll go for Bass in Wandandian Creek.

Cheers.

Edited by Morgo

Gday morgo, i have fished once or twice down that way, was only in a small tinnie, launched at bendalong boat ramp and just fished sraight out from the boat ramp about 500 meters or so, drifted around for some flat head and drifted over some reef, took a few land marks and kept drifting over the same patch and ended up with a nice bag of small snapper.

Hi Fellas

Why not try launching from Murray's Boat ramp in the National Park.

It's close to the heads, with plenty of options and if the weather turns

you can always find somewhere in close.

or

The ramp at Woolamia is also an exellent idea as you have easy access

to areas like Callala (Nice Bommie over there) thru Husky and over to Vincentia.

Great part of the world

So much to choose from.

Wish I was There Now.

Bigfoot

• 1 month later...