Jindabyne Kayak Mission

Funda

Fished Jindy from my Hobie Adventure Kayak last saturday in the freezing cold for a reasonable days catch, there were a few of us lunatics that braved the sub zero tempratures of the snowy mountains in our yaks.

I'll let the pictures tell the storey.

alsbrowngz2.jpg

bragmatyf9.jpg

hilltopyt0.jpg

Derek3-46cmand52cmAtlanticSalmon21s.jpg

Allan-50cmRainbowTrout21stJuly2007.jpg

Allan-AnotherRainbowTrout21stJuly20.jpg

1rainbowjpgss2.jpg

leighatlanticcv6.jpg

brown2uy4.jpg

pathyeh0.jpg

Tally for our group was 1 Atlantic Salmon, 3 Brown Trout, and about 9 Rainbow trout all up.

Heading back again ASAP, this place rocks!

:yahoo:

Edited by Funda

All the rainbows were caught on powerbait in the lime twist or rainbow colours except for one that was caught on the new gulp trout bait, we switched to bait in the middle of the day when the fish seemed to go deep.

My brown trout was caught on a trolled pink tassie devil early in the morning, the atlantic was caught sight casting with a small minnow type lure in a trout pattern and the other two browns were both caught on a TN60 Jackall in 20 feet of water amongst some trees.

A couple of us went up there a few weeks ago and could only manage a few rainbows on bait, the weather was fairly bad and it snowed on us whilst we were out trolling from our yaks.

Heres a few pics from our previous trip :biggrin2:

jasru3.jpg

myferalnj4.jpg

brrrnp2.jpg

yay2fj4.jpg

poddyshotrg2.jpg

:thumbup:

Edited by Funda

Mate,

That's a fantastic effort. I've fished jindy a fair bit in the winter and it's bloody freezing but great fun. To do it in a yak is brilliant. They are silent and deadly machines, well done.......

Dave