What We Got At Browns Yesterday.

Penguin

This is the report about nothing. :(

penguin

Ha ha, love the report Penguin.

I was out at Browns with Namesay and Rzee too, nothing to add to the tally. Although someone in one of the boats that buddied up with us jigged up an Albacore !!! Yes, you heard it right, the psycho dropped a jig (to the end of this line) and jigged. He felt weight, and up can an Albacore of around 70cm.

Tough day out there.

Edited by 445F

I had also planned a trip Tuesday and Wednesday, but the sea surface temps hovering in the 17 degree mark has put me off......save the fuel and bait for another day.

We cant win..rough seas low pressure system after low pressure system, finally opportunity raises its head and we see low water temps....ohhhwell thats fishing i guess.

Apparently even the pros are struggling atm. :1fishing1:

I am predicting water temps to jump a degree over the weekend, so Saturday/Sunday may be a better bet.

Better luck next time guys.

We also got Nada but my mate Hov got 2, one at 20kg and another at 25kg in an afternoon session...but that is dissapointing for him as he averaged 7-8 per session l;ast season

They are out there but the water temps arent ideal for them so they arent in any great numbers...

There was zero temp break out there and i got a look at the first half decent chart this morning now that the cloud cover has moved.....zero temps breaks for a 30 km radius....

Spoke to a few charter guys this morning and they said that the main fleet of YFT should arrive over the next 2 weeks....

Well done Giaco on your fin, but those catches a few and fair between with only a couple of boats out of 30 getting results...its a matter of being in the right place at the right time

Edited by netic

Wrong Boys!!!

Although water temps wern't ideal, the fin was around for those who were patient, stuck it out and didn't follow the crowd.... We picked up 5 in a hour yesterday.

what time was that.

Fish were all around 15kgs Anthony.

Although the temp wasn't ideal they were around.

Problem I see is that most boats gave up at 1-2pm and headed back in or worse still I heard over the radio that some ran out of pilchards by 2pm???

We drifted 21km's yesterday from 9:30am to 5:15pm and kept the same trail. SO many boats started a trail, drifted off Browns and then pulled stumps, went back to Browns and started again???

Its not always good luck, if you know what you are doing, stay away from the follower crowds, be prepared and are patient and sit it out you the you tend to get luckier.

Hi guys

Just thought i would mention that yesterday around 3 miles

east of browns there is a distinct current line no apperant temp break

though.... this is the area we settled for a cubeing session and the one boat

inside us and outside us both caught fin on livies..... we observed striped tuna

getting chased by tuna on a few occasions during the arvo so if that situation holds

it could be worth at least a look on the weekend boys..... netic sorry i missed you on

the radio i was tied up.................

Cheers Warnie

Well done Giaco.

I'm not sure if these are the reasons no-one else caught any tho.

Myself & deckie Fishyfingers started at about 8am & cubed till 5.45pm. We drifted well over 20 to 25 kms South. We had a 0.3 degree break. Trail was never broken & we never changed.

Here is my reason :1prop:

We had a great day with TOP weather, TEMP of water in my opinion was good There's nothing wrong with 17 degrees. Very clean water. Drift was 1 to 1.5 knots (perfect)

Why did we not catch?????

BECAUSE THERE WERE BETTER PLACES TO HANG THAN SYDNEY.

Maybe they were at a party celebrating some big eye's 80th Kilo birthday :1happybday:

It's not that conditions were bad yesterday than that maybe conditions were just unbeleivable in another part of the country & have lead them away.

There was a hot patch 30 to 50 km nth of Brownes & one east as well.I thoughnt to myself... they'll be sittin in there & won't come down until the hot patch comes with it. I was testing new setup & thaught that Brownes was far enough for the day. If I was confident with my gear I would have gone..

The Tuna choose to take the best conditions available. It doesn't mean that conditions were bad here.

We'll gettem soon. Might be here for the weekend with the same conditions. How would you explain that?? If I had conditions like yesterday I would have fished it because you never know.......

Cheers to Fishy Fingers for coming along. Was a great great day & a good ol laugh.

PS The best part of the day was being able to push home at 30 knots. Won't get that every day. :thumbup:

Cheers

Seazar

Edited by Seazar

We stopped off at the Colours on the way back and caught a feed of 32-36cm Snapper and

a heap of slimies for bait on our next Browns adventure.

While at the Colours some guys in uniform hanging out of a helicopter had a look at us

through a telescopic site mounted on some sort of assault rifle,gave me the shits and made

me wish I could do the same back to him.These guys were goin full speed in their helicopter

toward the cliffs and at the last second goin straight up and avoiding a crash, they did this over

and over again,realy annoying when u are trying to have a relaxing fishing sesh and u keep getting

buzzed every 10 mins.

penguin

Edited by penguin

do you guys reccommend using livies or just using pilchards as bait.

Im having a debate with my brother that we should have at least 1 livie out while we are cubing.

Edited by frankp

Frank

As anth said is the go......... and quite often other boats and myselfe included drop a pilchard

set just out of sight in the cube trail with a snapper sinker attached as a breakaway

and left unattended in the rod holder has it's fair share of results also

try that next time as well as a variation................