Akuna Bay Boat Ramp

ajasnar

Greetings. I am hoping to get out and do some night fishing over the weekend or maybe one night next week. I have been dropping in at the Akuna Bay boat ramp for some day trips, but am wondering if I can use this for some night time fishing. I will be coming back in about 11pm or midnight or there abouts. :1fishing1:

Does anyone know if they close the gates to the Ka-ring-gai National Park, or you can come and go as you please in the winter? Any ideas? I just don't want to get stuck in there... :mad3:

Thanks in advance.

First post? welcome to the site :)

Ive driven down past Akuna Bay many times at night and never found a locked gate (between the McCarrs Creek entrance and Terry Hills)

You will find the road to West Head is locked.

They generally say the park is closed sunset to sunrise, but i think thats more of a discouragement to stop people hanging round and loitering.

Ive fished out of Apple Tree Bay for over 20 years and its always unlocked, except in Bushfire emergencies. ATB has half the car park section that is locked up @ dark to help secure your car and trailer from getting stolen, but the other half of the carpark is open 24/7

If your going for Hairtail in J'bay it has been getting very packed in there, but the results have been good (see the fishing report section)

cheers

Rod

The Blokes at windybanks (this is not a plug) told me you can get fined as the park is officially "closed " after dark.

Davo