Missus Is Scared Of My Boat

thereddragon

Hi all,

My missus is scared of my boat, not my actual boat per say, but dislikes being in it on the water. Every time I take her out the weather turns windy and choppy. So I thought I'd organize a boat trip in calm waters on the beautiful Hawkesbury River. We set of from Sydney at 930am and arrived at Brooklyn had a bite to eat opposite the train station (not bad food/service). Launched the boat at 11:30 and proceeded up the Hawkesbury, and would you believe it, 10 min up the river and we plough into someone’s wake and the boat goes flying in the air, the missus not happy, but kids screamed with excitement. Any way slowed down and took in the scenery.

Now for the fishing part, I don’t bring fishing gear with me when I take out the family because they get bored and start whining plus I only take them out for an hour or two, under the recommendation of my brother as he said to me I should only take the family out in short trips so that they can get used to it. Anyway this time I brought my flick stick, anchored under the railway bridge and nailed 4 Flathead to 63cm and 2 Bream to 37cm. I caught all these fish in 1hr and 15min, Misses was impressed because there were another three boats around us and I cleaned up while they were watching on. Sorry no Pic’s , but not for to much longer as I have an olympus on layby.

I was recently tossing up whether or not to get a new boat.

The missus says "that will be good if you get something bigger than the tinney. I can start coming out with you"

All plans for new boat are off and the tinney is staying!!!

Dave

I was recently tossing up whether or not to get a new boat.

The missus says "that will be good if you get something bigger than the tinney. I can start coming out with you"

All plans for new boat are off and the tinney is staying!!!

Dave

HAHAHAHA buy a kayak and the serenity is yours, no doubt about it :thumbup:

Guest Aussie007

dont take ur missus to botany bay than, those tug boats at the shipping dock can make some damn mean waves i nearlly s#it my self one time in a 9 foot tinny waves nearlly swamped the boat :1yikes: i'd have to say the hawkesbury is the most calm out of the sydney rivers,harbour and bays great place for a fish or just a boat drive :thumbup:

Edited by gazza