Hairtail

jessam

launch at ATB at 4pm.going into jerusalem bay my sounder was'nt working properly,so i anchored near these other boats near the mouth of pinta bay.started a burly trail before you know it's like a car park.my cousin caught 1squid droped 3,but no haires may be next time ,left at 10 got to the boat ramp and looked at the sounder and it was pointing up i must of hit a stick on the way out .did anyone catch any haires ?

Edited by jessam

launch at ATB at 4pm.going into jerusalem bay my sounder was'nt working properly,so i anchored near these other boats near the mouth of pinta bay.started a burly trail before you know it it's like a car park.my cousin caught 1squid droped 3,but no haires next time ,left at 10 got to the boat ramp and looked at the sounder and it was pointing up must of hit a stick.did anyone catch any.

went out all night did not catch anything 19 boats all around they packed up at 10pm with nothing .Got 2 nice bream on flint this morning 35cm .Lots of taylor around 30cms

I got 3 on Friday night. Got to jerusalem about 8pm. About 10pm they came on. Caught 3 by 11.30, all on ganged pilchards, 5/0 hooks & a light rod.

Packed up & left them biting. Wanted to get some sleep to fish the high tide Saturday morning for Jewfish. Should have stayed & fished for hairtail cause we didn't catch any Jews. Flathead in patonga saved the day before we packed up & tried for hairtail again saturday night. Back to Jerusalem bay at about 4pm. Held a rod in my hand till 9pm for nothing. Packed up & went home happy as a pig in poo for the fish we did catch.

We arrived at JB a little before 5 PM Saturday night, after having a livy catching session . Stayed until about 10PM , not even a hint of a bite. :thumbdown:

Moved into a quiet bay that had some promising holes , but all I caught was an eel !

Early start , headed outside , past Lion Island was like a washing machine , and fairly windy , so we didnt last out there too long!

Set up a drift at Patonga while I did the bacon and eggs thing on the boat , #1Son saved the day by catching a nice 37cm Flathead.

Grand total for the overnight stay: 1 Eel , 1 Flatty , 4 yakkas.

Ross

i also started in JB but when the spanish armada decended on the bay the crew and i decided that it was going to be tough going to snavel anything there with all the other lines in the water and not being overly lucky people.

we then went jewie hunting and managed to catch a pike eel, stingray, 40cm tailor (dropped at the boat in JB) and an estimated 70cm flattie (also dropped boatside).

We finished with a grand total of 0 fish and 0 bourbons and rum left in the esky.