Black Fish Everywhere

zen

On the forum every night reading all those great reports, its great reading & even better when your out their fishing yourself. Fished yesterday & today in the porthacking at spot X, after gathering fresh green weed, it really makes a difference when the weed is fresh.

No one else was their, took my time burlied up , set 2 lines & within minutes i was on, than 2nd line went off, this went on & on , had to remove one rod as it just got out of control. Ended up taking 12 home & put back another 12 & dropped plenty more.

My wife went away today so went down for another quick fish this afternoon to get dinner, not as good as yesterday but still got dinner & released 6 avarage size. 34cm.

For all you land based fishos blackfish are great sport on light gear & their are heaps around, give it a try if your not having luck with anyother fish types.

My dinner

post-3360-1185697544_thumb.jpg

Well done, Zen! Great day's fishing! Don't they go?? You now have dinner for the next week or so!

I was just down in Sydney for the weekend & am amazed at the amount of green weed growing on the rocks everywhere!! It is rare as hens teeth up here at the moment, so I brought some back for me & 6 buddies to get into!! Even tho it is only 2 days old, it is looking a little 'dark' already, but I am sure the fish here won't mind!!

Cheerio for now

Roberta

Hope the big ones have turned up here whilst I was away!!

Well done, Zen! Great day's fishing! Don't they go?? You now have dinner for the next week or so!

I was just down in Sydney for the weekend & am amazed at the amount of green weed growing on the rocks everywhere!! It is rare as hens teeth up here at the moment, so I brought some back for me & 6 buddies to get into!! Even tho it is only 2 days old, it is looking a little 'dark' already, but I am sure the fish here won't mind!!

Cheerio for now

Roberta

Hope the big ones have turned up here whilst I was away!!

It was all your great reports that inspired me to get back in to it, they are just so much fun, im sure the bigs ones will be their waiting for you when you get home

Now Roberta, why am I so surprised that you were the first to respond to this post!!!

The blackfish diaries...

Anyway, great effort there Zen. And reading all these stories of the mighty blackie is getting me all on edge.

If I find the bastard that invented working. He will be added to my next burly trail.

Arch

Hi Zen

I am back in Forster & I tried it here, this morning .... landed one legal & dropped about 4 decent ones :1badmood: and a few small 'jewie' sized ones ... ie perfect if fishing for jewies!! I reckon the bigger one was a drummer - it just went for the rocks straight off & busted me off! All hooked on the weed that Peter (Luderick59) gave me on Sat!

Hi ARch .... I have a confession ...... I do read anything that relates to blackies, weed, drummer, the 'n' word, luderick & all the other bits ..... I am seriously hooked!! You never stop learning!

If the weather holds out for us, tomorrow, I hope to go out with a buddy in a boat. He hasn't caught a thing in the last 2 weeks he has been here - I will take some 'magic' weed & see if we cant get him into some blackies!

Cheerio for now

Roberta

Hi Zen

I am back in Forster & I tried it here, this morning .... landed one legal & dropped about 4 decent ones :1badmood: and a few small 'jewie' sized ones ... ie perfect if fishing for jewies!! I reckon the bigger one was a drummer - it just went for the rocks straight off & busted me off! All hooked on the weed that Peter (Luderick59) gave me on Sat!

Hi ARch .... I have a confession ...... I do read anything that relates to blackies, weed, drummer, the 'n' word, luderick & all the other bits ..... I am seriously hooked!! You never stop learning!

If the weather holds out for us, tomorrow, I hope to go out with a buddy in a boat. He hasn't caught a thing in the last 2 weeks he has been here - I will take some 'magic' weed & see if we cant get him into some blackies!

Cheerio for now

Roberta

Roberta

You are addicted , was that magic weed some of the suff you gathered before heading home.

I will be out again this weekend, when im fishing nothing else matters, its a shame i have to work.

Hi Zen

Cheerio for now

Roberta

hi roberta glad the weed is working :thumbup: took lindsey to the lake to day at 2 fished till 5 caught 9 good size fish on cabbage fish came on towards dark :yahoo: great afternoon :thumbup:

peter :1fishing1:

Hi Peter

Damn!! Cam went down again late yesterday pm for Zilch!! He was still working at 2pm today :1badmood::1badmood: He would be spewing about the 9 you guys caught!!

I have already handed out some of your weed to 2 of my buddies today & one caught fish immediately (as well as myself - I just couldn't land them!) About 4 are using it now! The old Cabbage is doing the trick also, tho!

My other buddy (the 85 year old) is heading off to Darwin for 4 weeks today, so I have vacuum packed a stack of the weed & have high hopes of it working well when it comes out again in the weeks ahead (just like the stuff that caught the big one for the Social in June!)

They reckon the big ones are coming into the lake as we speak. In a matter of days, the big schools should move in. They have been catching the 'roed up' girls now - previously only males!

Cheerio

Roberta

Interesting, that the original date I had for our blackie social up here was going to be next weekend, the 4/5th Aug! This was when they were on last year!