Sydney Harbour

gretsch

Gidday Raiders,

We planned a big long weekend fishing bonanza for the 27th -29th July. Unfortunately, the three day series was reduced to two days due to the :wife: plural.

Not to worry, we still had two good cracks at it.

Friday we went out with a Charter in the Harbour. The moon was good, the conditions were fantastic, tide was right, there must be a Jewie there somewhere.

Four baby Cuttles, one Calamari, lines in the water, high tide, 2 hours later, no Jew. :mad3:

We then went for a flattie plastic session and picked up four reasonable fish and, would you believe it, a legal Kingy on a Jerk Shad!!!! :thumbup: I should propbably point out that we didn't catch the King.. it was a photographer from the SMH who was along for the ride. I stupidly said "mate, why don't you have a flick". He was grabbing some shots for the Saturday SMH Article on Page 3. If anyone saw the article, that was my brother in law in the hero shot with the squid.

On the way home, we stopped in for a quick squid session and nailed five large ones (30cm plus mantle length). All in all, a superb day despite the lack of Jew.

All hopes were now assigned to Saturday. We followed the same pattern hoping that luck would be on our side. Again we hit the Jewie spot with fresh squid and down go the baits. We sat and watched for two hours as the pickers removed the eyeballs from our baits... no Jew. :mad3:

That is fishing !!! :wacko:

Off for a flattie plastic again but the wind got up and made it very difficult. We abandoned the plastics and headed to the squid grounds. We pulled in, cut the donk, out go the jigs and bang, I am on and it is big one. The Baz (bro in law) is on and we both land bruisers. Out go the jigs agian and we both hook up their partners. The one Baz got was HUGE.. nearly 40cm in mantle length. :thumbup:

We get a couple more smaller ones then call it a day.

Gotta love the Harbour. :biggrin2:

did u try out the new stella u got mate?

interested to hear ur thoughts?

steve

Yeah mate.. it was superb. That annoying line laying problem has been resolved. The new spool with the 45 degree lip really makes the line sing off the reel. No longer do you have to half fill your spool to try and avoid loops and tangles. I posted some info in the Tackle Talk section also. I have a 1000S also which I will try this weekend. :biggrin2:

Edited by Ceph

Mate.. I think Squidboy has the record.. 45cm Mantle is hard to beat.

We should have a "Squid Classic".. we could do it USA Bass Tournament style with helicopter TV coverage, punts with 600 hp and promo girls etc.. :thumbup:

Great feed there mate, and top baits... what part of the harbour were you fishing for jews in ,upper or lower

unlucky on the big one!!!

We were fishing the lower harbour.. east of the Harbour Bridge but close to the bridge. There have been many Jews pulled out of there over the years.

You had any luck?

g'day ceph

im a young angler and have recently invested in a tinny for middle harbour! i love squid and i was wondering if you have any cracker spots

Cheers Mcfusher

Finding the spots is part of the fun Mcfusher (you a Kiwi by any chance?) :1fishing1:

I would be crucified by the Raiders if the spots were divulged. :mad3:

Good luck Son. :thumbup: