Squidding Again

squidboy

post-2763-1186025555_thumb.jpg

post-2763-1186025384_thumb.jpg

Hi Fellow Raiders,

Today we went back to basics. See today was the first time in a very very very long time Mamma came out on the boat. 1st time she was sick so she said never again. She saw the squid we caught over the weekend and so she said one day I want to go. Thats all I needed, that one day.

We set off from the boat ramp at 7 this morning with mum saying "we are mad". Well, yep, I was, cause i was goin to get my mum to catch a squid today.

We went to my no.1 Spot knowing it would be on in seconds. Second cast, well I was onto a medium squid. Mum just said, "thats not fair". Then she persisted and finally hooked up and a squid bigger than mine and dads. That was the last straw, so we actually were in a tug of war to get the biggest.

So dad won the day to cut the story short and we were back on land by 10am with one happy Mum. For all those people who havent caught squid before, well persistance pays off, see even today was a pretty average day for me. We only landed 5 medium ones, and two small ones for bait (ones in the photo live)

Picks are below and baby squid will be turned into a Kingie soon, so keep posted.

Squidboy

Edited by rzep

Another good catch of Cephalopods there again Squidboy, :thumbup:

penguin

Yep, I think I have it down packed at the moment. They seem to be bit slower this year but I can still get a feed and thats enough for me. The rest go for king bait and the rest from that can live another day to make more squid.

Squidboy

Well done mate :thumbup: your braining them!

Ive been hitting balmoral pretty hard recently , only 1 little arrow so far :mad3:

Might be time to try a new area me thinks!

Rob

Persistancy and different jigs. I have over two tackle trays full of different jigs, colours sizes and different brands in those colours, sizes too. If one lure does not work in 20 minutes I change lure or change spot.

Squid are hard in winter to track, but when your on a good school you should stick to it.

Sounds like your mum enjoyed her self

but the question needs to be asked

Did your mum enjoy her self to the point that she will be out there again,and maybe become the next new member of the fish raiders family

as i think that we need more mums and dads

cheers

bob

My mum had a ball, she didnt want to leave until she could prove that she could beat us, but reality set in for her when the squid went off the bite. But thats why theres always another day. i dont think Ill need this symbol in my reports anymore :wife:. cause my whole family now are hooked on squid.

Are you challenging me Squidboy? :1prop:

mate Im not their to challenge cause I only need about two feeds and my family and I are happy. Would be good to meet you one day on the water though. Maybe we can do a social day for squid lol. at least you can tell if people bring in the frozen ones

Just an idea.

But Im sure mum will be on the next trip :1prop:

mate Im not their to challenge cause I only need about two feeds and my family and I are happy. Would be good to meet you one day on the water though. Maybe we can do a social day for squid lol. at least you can tell if people bring in the frozen ones

Just an idea.

But Im sure mum will be on the next trip :1prop:

I love that idea!

Squid are the best, although my Squidding expertise lie within the Port Hacking

IFS

Squidboy,

Then everyone will find out the secret spots!! :05:

Would we still do it American Bass Tournament style?? We need a sponsor! :1prop:

HAHAHAHAHA :074::074::074:

Mate, I would not reveal my best spot, but the other ones are pretty obvious.

I wouldnt mind doing the squid social at all, however, Ill be heading out Stealth style.

Sponsorship,,,,,, mmmmm,,, wonder if Yozuri will sponsor us or shimano

Mate,

I dont smoke so maybe I can give you the cigarettes we would get for sponsorship. But on the other hand, i wouldnt mind if Ferrari could sponsor me and I could use their cars to tow my boat :1prop:

Mate

I don't smoke either, I just wanted it to be like a One Day Cricket Match.. :1prop:

Mate

I don't smoke either, I just wanted it to be like a One Day Cricket Match.. :1prop:

mate, Just give me a 3 hour session not a whole day lol. I would be back at home and with the boat washed before the cricket started lol