Middle Head - 04.08.07

Frizzy

Fished landabased off middle head today.

Floated servos pilchards out under a float but the wind had a habit of blowing the floats back towards the rocks.

Nothing seemed to take a liking to the bait except a lone southern calamari which fell victim to a pilchard on a squid spike after he made his presence known on my other rod with a ganged pillie.

Was hoping his friends would be about as well, but they werent.

Day ended with a couple of pike which barely even put up a fight before having to trek back to the bushes in the dark.

Had contemplated cutting the squid into strips and have a shot at landing a jewie off some beach but couldnt handle the wind.

So kept the squid for dinner.

Edited by Frizzy

Thanks for the report Frizzy,

I was wondering if there was any life in the harbour, should be a few sambo's and choppers around but don't see any reports of them. I fished Narrabeen Lake this morning for zero after getting up just before sun rise, I had woken earlier to go for a yak on the harbour but the freezing cold sent me back to bed.

Southerly

Thanks for the report Frizzy,

I was wondering if there was any life in the harbour, should be a few sambo's and choppers around but don't see any reports of them. I fished Narrabeen Lake this morning for zero after getting up just before sun rise, I had woken earlier to go for a yak on the harbour but the freezing cold sent me back to bed.

Southerly

Hey southerly, we were out in a boat in the harbour today and didn't see any sambos!!!! In fact all we saw was bait fish pretty much!!!!

took the boat down to rose bay wharf this morning.... went out to wedding cakes and came straight back it... the wind was too strong and the water was really choppy.... shame too considering it was such a sunny day..

oohh well there is always next week...