Jarvis Marine Electric Motors

coollamon

G'day raiders

does anybody own one of the "watersnake" electric motors?

I am thinkin of buying the bow mount foot control 54lb thrust one

$749.00 and 1 year warranty sounds alright to me what do you guys think?

cheers

coollamon

hi raiders i have a snake 54pound up front and for the money they are awsome i think note i have replaced the foot pedal due to leaving it out in the weather and terminals must of coroded(my fault) as my boat is not under cover but mind you with in a week of sending it back i had a new 1 ready to pick up at no charge service is great as i believe it had to go to melbourne boat size 3.75m quintrex and pushes it all day with 2 adults and 1 bloody nephew all day no probs on a standard holden rodeo battery only other thing you will have to purchase after getting the motor is a circut breaker about $20 at any boating shop mabe check with a sponsor to see wat they got i fish h/c bay alot so if you interested in a test drive pm me and we'll see wat we can work out any other questions just give me a buzz

cheers mick

Hi, Boots outdoors/rays outdoors is having a vip sale on 9/8/07, everything 26.5% off including the watersnake motors, which puts the 54lb at under $600. I would be there that day buying one, but I need the longer shaft, which they don't make in the 54lb.

All you would have to do is join the club before then (free!)

Pedro

Coollamon:

I don't have an answere for your question but I have some for you as we are looking around for a salt water electric motor.

How are you going to mount it on your boat.

We have been told to bow mount it we have to cut the bowrail which we don't want to do.

Any ideas?

Coolomon, When i was on Kelvins Boat i noticed he had one....I asked him how are they in comparison to others...

He said he has had all the top brands and the jarvis one has lasted the longest....

Maybe send him a pm to get his personal opinion

Coollamon:

I don't have an answere for your question but I have some for you as we are looking around for a salt water electric motor.

How are you going to mount it on your boat.

We have been told to bow mount it we have to cut the bowrail which we don't want to do.

Any ideas?

Yep thats what I was told to and looks like if I want one I am going to have to cut it I was told that there would be a cap placed over the bowrail so I dont think it would look to messy

I havent heard of any other way to put them in for our style of boat

cheers

Coollamon

Coolomon, When i was on Kelvins Boat i noticed he had one....I asked him how are they in comparison to others...

He said he has had all the top brands and the jarvis one has lasted the longest....

Maybe send him a pm to get his personal opinion

cheers thanks netic will do