A Stab In The Dark

Ray R

Hi Raiders, Went out today with my mate Hutcho and his son Bryce, we went to west head and got 15 yakkas and then went out into the wide blue yonder. We didn't know where to go so we headed around towards Palm Beach because we saw another boat there, then we spotted a few bots out on the horizon so we motored out towards them. I think we were about 3 or 4 k,s out and there were 6 or 7 other boats out at this reef off Palmy, don't know if it has a name or what but there were a few fish there, the boats already there were catching what looked like small snapper and trevs. Anyway we stayed for a little while there and caught quite a few under size reddies and ended up with one nice 45 cm flattie and I caught another big P.J. shark. Was a good adventure as we are outside novices but we found a spot which is obviously a reef due to the amount of boats there, don't know if there were any RAIDERS need a little sticker for our boats so we can recognise fellow Raider site junkies. If anyone knows the name of this reef which is around the southern end of Palmy and at a very rough guess about 3 or 4 k,s straight out.. Cheers Ray R... P.S we were in a quintrex Coast Runner between 7 and 10 am this morning........

Hi Ray R

By your description your approaching very close to Boultans reef

they is also scattered and broken patches of reef 1 -2 klm's inside boultans

have you the co-ordinates Ray R so i could 100% confirm

Cheers Warnie.................

ps..... boultans is a fair size reef

Hi Ray R

Sorry mate no co-ords, we lined up the south end of palmy, a few k's out, where all the other boats were. It would be good if you could get a map with all the reefs maked. Thanks mate, Ray...

Hi Ray R

I figure that your pretty spot on.

The bigger reef is boultans, but within 500m you also have reggies and the wreck.

Obviously others had the same thought as me.With all the talk of snapper being on, I would have been out there myself giving it my all. Unfortunately kids soccer closed down the weekend fishing trip.Good place to be I reckon Ray !

Cheers

Stumpy