Long Reef Ramp Collaroy

peahead

Hey Fisho's

As you may or may not know we have great access to open water directly from the Long Reef Ramp Collaroy. The only problem is that it is exposed to some wild swell in bad times.

As I don't have a 4wd or want to run up the beach with my boat a full pelt to retrieve it, i thought that I could talk to someone to use the fishing license funds to build a break wall in front of the ramp therefore making safer for all boaters. This will obviously roll ontp better launching facilities and better fishing for the LBG and rock hoppers.

I have the idea but who can I speak to now? any help would be great, i know all the fishos from the Northern beaches know about this spot if not please follow this link that MallacootaPete has kindly added,

Long Reef Ramp Collaroy.

I think this can be a great setup and make it available for all boaters who want to head offshore.

Any ideas of who I can talk to or if this idea is already been kicked around would be great.

Cheers

Jimmy.

Hi Jimmy

Could be an idea to contact the mob that spend our fishing licence money! THey are supposed to use it to provide better facillities for fishos!

Not sure if it would be the council or whoever, otherwise!

Cheerio

Roberta

It comes under Warringah Council's jurisdiction, so I suppose they should be the first contact.

NSW Maritime also make grants to councils for infrastructure upgrades and repairs.

http://www.maritime.nsw.gov.au/mediareleas...terboating.html

Here is the last one I can find and Warringah got some cash for the Cottage Point public wharf.

http://www.maritime.nsw.gov.au/mipgrants05-06.html

Also, being in the middle of an aquatic reserve doesn't help much I bet when it comes to modifying it.. It's in a quite sensitive area.

Cheers,

Pete.

Edited by MallacootaPete

I seriously doubt that the recreational fishing fee was designed to provide boat ramps.

Warringah shire council would be respnsible for this one, though I doubt you'll get any joy there!!

I am not sure there would be much you could do anyway. LR ramp faces NE and when it blows it come directly in there.

Unfortunately or fortunately this is a good thing.

If it were a dream ramp to use the area would be smashed by every man and his dog.

There are some quality fish taken very close in but it comes back to risk and reward.

I normally drop in at least three times a week and there is always carnage.

Even for the most seasoned users.

I too have had my share of troubles there in boats and of late my kayak and that is before you even try to find a fish.

Warringah council does not even exist.

It is in the hands of administrators.

Good luck trying to get a boat ramp fixed.

Just my 2 bobs worth.

Cheers

Wigg

I walked along there the other week - the slanting edges on that thing are horrific even in good weather! I bet there has been the odd car that has missed the edge & gone in, along with the boat!

I reckon the insurance companies would like to donate to get it in better shape!

Roberta

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

I am going off to see what needs to be done and who i need to talk to, but if it is a marine reserve more than likely nothing may happen, BUT if i convice the right people maybe we can find some compromise.

Cheres again.

Jimmy.