Every Dog Has His Day

luderick59

Well done, Pete - once again, showing us how to do it!!

Seems Cam went out on Sun & hooked a couple - was admiring the big one, as he held it up in front of him ..... & it jumped out of his hands!! Ooooops :1badmood: I bet he was spewing!

Hi Kingies - blackie fishing really is a great deal of fun & a great feed. Give it a go - but try & fish with a fellow Raider who knows what he is doing first! If you are shown the correct way to do it from the start, you will get into them very quickly! Otherwise, it can be very annoying!

Where abouts is St Clair??

Cheerio

Roberta

Hi Roberta,

It's next to St Marys and just up the road from Penrif oopps Penrith, ?? this area must have been very catholic at some stage :tease: .

How would a 10ft surf rod and threadline go for a blackie fish. If i liked it i'd get the proper gear, it's had me puzzeled why the gear, and how the gear has to be different.

Maybe you could put on a blackie school looks like you might have your first two students.

Lata Raida.

Waynie

Hi ya Waynie! If you like, I can send you my blackie 'blurb' that I put together for the Social back in June! Because they fight so well, you usually have a soft tipped rod (some would call it 'sloppy') to act as a shock absorber, whilst holding the fish away from the rocks, till you can net them! If you set the hook too hard with a stiff rod, chances are you will just rip the hook out of its mouth, instead of 'setting it'! I use a threadline.

Sorry I don't know where the suburbs are - It is over 20 years since I lived in SYdney & even then, I didn't often travel south of the bridge!!! :1prop: Anyway, they are making new suburbs or renaming them just to confuse me!

Cheerio for now

Roberta

Hi Roberta,

It's next to St Marys and just up the road from Penrif oopps Penrith, ?? this area must have been very catholic at some stage :tease: .

How would a 10ft surf rod and threadline go for a blackie fish. If i liked it i'd get the proper gear, it's had me puzzeled why the gear, and how the gear has to be different.

Maybe you could put on a blackie school looks like you might have your first two students.

Lata Raida.

Waynie

lol definately would be interested in having a go. long drive from the riff to forster hahahahahaha