Love Or Hate A Count Down?

GregL

When you are really looking forward to something do you love or hate the count down?

I have less than 100 days to go before I go back to my "happy place" Cape York Queensland :yahoo:

This will be trip 5 on the good ship Seafaris in as many years. This is where I zone out to on tho's tough days at work or just before I fall asleep at night. My place I dream about when things are tuff, my oasis in the desert of ground hog days.........

post-3563-1186533686_thumb.jpg

oh how I love that place, the piece and quiet, the talking on the top deck watching the sun go down over the water in the west(us easterners don't get to see), sashimi on the deck washed down with a cold amber bevy, the big meals at the end of the day with a few nice wines and great company, the serenity of walking along a beach with the only foot steps there are yours........

post-3563-1186533577_thumb.jpg

Then there's the fishing..........

OMFG!!!!

Deep heat and Voltaren pills are your best friend!

You know it's good when you go threw close to $2000 a trip in lures!

Man I love that place.........

My count down has well and truly begun, this trip was booked over 18 months ago!

Finally we have entered the home straight, it's been a real tester for me personally but the wait is coming to an end.

The sound of 10" poppers chugging over crystal clear water over coral heads is getting louder! :biggrin2:

Now bring on that first hook up!!!

Greg

God beless far north Queensland , the Northern Terittory and Northwern WA

Need a fishing buddy, I am yours

I love the remoteness of those areas and as you said, when it come to the fishing OOOOOOOO My God!!!!!

Cheers and hope your sleeps pass quickly

Good Fishing

I dont mind a count down, in a month i head off to Airlie Beach for 4 days with 25 mates for my bucks weekend. I say there wont be much fishing going on though unfortunately.

The countdown gives me 4 weeks to fine tune my drinking standards before the massive weekend!!

cheers

Dan

Mate you will have a ball, seriously jealous, if you need someone to look after the skeeter while youre gone, im your man, you will also have to leave the keys to the x5 so I can tow it to the carwash, wouldnt want it getting dusty in the garage, lol, cheers dude see yah soon.

I dont mind a countdown, i have my own going at the moment.Only 35 more days until 9 nights of fishing on the manning river :yahoo: .

I am super keen as i have never fished this area before and have been eagarly been scanning the area on websites/google earth.I also got some valuable information from a fellow fishraider(Thanks Hooky :thumbup: )

I look forward to reading your reports and posting some of my own trip.

Stephen

:1fishing1::1fishing1:

This is the longest I have waited for a trip. Usually it's only 12 months or so but this time we wanted to pick one of the first trips of the reef season instead of the end. The fishing on past reports show better fishing :thumbup:

Better fishing just means more pain! :wacko:

But don't they say "no pain no gain?" :1prop:

IFS yeah I do "attemp" to fly fish but on the reef fly is very limited as the coral is so shallow. We fly fish on the western side of the cape in the rivers and tunas just off shore.

One good thing about this count down it's given me more time to stock the box with a better lure selection and upgrade some of the gear!

Hey Justin

Recon it's almost warm enuff for another crack down the street one nite ;)

Greg

I ask because I think I've seen you on YouTube, or someone that looks just like you :tease:

A bloke catching "Vermin" or big Mack Tuna as they are better known. I would love to catch fish like that just for the fun of it.

IFS

I ask because I think I've seen you on YouTube, or someone that looks just like you :tease:

A bloke catching "Vermin" or big Mack Tuna as they are better known. I would love to catch fish like that just for the fun of it.

IFS

Dont think it was me but you know what they say "we all look the same" hehehehe.

This is me with a long tail on one of the trips on the western side of Cape York. It would have been not even a km from shore and they were like salmon schools off Sydney!!

post-3563-1186640001_thumb.jpg

95 days and counting!

Greg

A bluewater man eh?

I'm an estuary man myself - counting down to a similar trip to the Coburg Peninsula NT in 60 days or so. Apart from the fishing style everything else is identical. Peaceful sunsets, big meals, good company, great wine.

Don't tell the :wife: but it's the best holiday I have every year.

Good luck on your trip Greg. Take plenty of pics!!

A bluewater man eh?

Don't tell the :wife: but it's the best holiday I have every year.

We'll just keep that between us ;) I know what you mean tho!!

I usually feel guilty about it till I arrive!

G

As soon as I saw this I thought to myself, not another Skeeter, Hope you enjoy the trip, I hate waiting for anything!

I wish!

I can't fit any bigger into the garage :(

Been VERY happy with this one. Size does matter when cutting threw the harbor chop.

The speed thing I still can't get enough of, if only I could fit 3 more feet into the garage.

One of these(Bullet) with a Merc 300XS would do me :thumbup:

post-3563-1186654687_thumb.jpg