What's Going On Here?

Bloo62

Hi all,

Was staying up at the gold coast in the last school hols and saw this out of our window every morning....... Boats everywhere!! Does anyone from up that way know what they were targeting????

Being a Sydney boy, I would love to know what was that good!

cheers,

craig

post-1785-1186829494_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bloosgottaboat

Looks like these may be the culprits: Is it near here Bloos ??

From a local GC fishing report this week:

The Gold Coast's fishing over the past week has been good, with plenty of mackerel being caught on Palm Beach and Mermaid Reefs. Small spots have also been caught at Narrowneck Artificial Reef and the Scottish Prince wreck.

Edited by MallacootaPete

The Gold Coast's fishing over the past week has been good, with plenty of mackerel being caught on Palm Beach and Mermaid Reefs. Small spots have also been caught at Narrowneck Artificial Reef and the Scottish Prince wreck.

Maybe Heath can enlighten us, fished the gold coast with my uncle when i was a teenager - caught plenty of spainiads there as well as snapper - the mackrel came from trolling - snapper from anchor - these boats look anchored.

I'll go with what Pete said :1prop:

penguin

Most of those boats anchored up off those close in reefs on the gold coast would be targeting spotted &

spanish mackerel,cobia,kingys & floating baits for snapper.They are blessed with plenty of good reefs on

that part of the coast,when the fish are on the place just goes off.But you wouldnt want your fish to run too

far especially when so many boats are anchored on top of each other.Reminds me of a place called the

PEAK off sydney back in the days when it would fire for kingfish,& all the boats sometimes a 60 to 80

of them would jossle for position jigging & livebaiting for them,it was absolute chaos at times.

cheers mate,

steve