Port Stephens/nelson Bay Fishing Spots

Webby

Hi all

I've been a long time reader of the posts here and finally decided to join! - so here's the first post!

Went up with the missus to Nelson Bay last weekend (we live in Newy) and was trying to figure out where the good spots were AND where your allowed to fish

I am a land-based fisho as I don't own a boat. I'm a big fan of rock fishing and love the Catho Bay ledges.

It's kind of disconcerting having been brought up fishing, that you just can't go wherever you feel like, but I was wonderiing if anyone knew any good spots in Port Stephens/Nelson Bay where its ok to fish (both legally and fish-wise)?

Edited by Webby

Webby Marine Park maps are available from the local tackle stores or MSB ( Waterways ) office at the marina , next to the Co-Op

In respect to LB fishing locations the most popular is the breakwall at the marina.

Other spots , breakwall next to the boat ramp at Salamada Bay , the jetty at Little Beach , (note , the eastern side shore line of the Little Beach bay is a protected area) & Tomaree head land.

With the exception of the jetty , the other locations are exposed to the tidal flow so better to fish at the top or bottom of the tide.

There was a popular LB rock spot at Zenith Beach but this is now a Sanctuary area

Geoff

Webby Marine Park maps are available from the local tackle stores or MSB ( Waterways ) office at the marina , next to the Co-Op

In respect to LB fishing locations the most popular is the breakwall at the marina.

Other spots , breakwall next to the boat ramp at Salamada Bay , the jetty at Little Beach , (note , the eastern side shore line of the Little Beach bay is a protected area) & Tomaree head land.

With the exception of the jetty , the other locations are exposed to the tidal flow so better to fish at the top or bottom of the tide.

There was a popular LB rock spot at Zenith Beach but this is now a Sanctuary area

Geoff

Thanks Geoff will prob give them all a shot in the coming months

Appreciate your time in replying - here's hoping I will have some Port Stephens fish pics to post in the coming months!!