Is This The Good Stuff?

Luringbream

Hey all, i've finally found a place where there is a fair bit of this green stuff. I can't believe how many times i've walked over it, its been right before my eyes the whole time. However, is it the good stuff?

Will it catch blackies?

There is only a very small amount here as i wasnt sure whether or not to waste half an hour collecting it.

post-331-1187138428_thumb.jpg

post-331-1187138447_thumb.jpg

DAN

Hi Dan,

that looks like it will be ok,if its not long enough you can try to get 2 thin pieces and place so a little overaps like joining together and roll in hands/leg whatever and will hopefolly hold well enough to get on hook... i have found (and others also) that cabbage weed is getting more hits.i use 2 hook rig and tried both types.. 4 to 1 cabbage got the downs.. i always try to get a variety so when at your spot if you see some cabbage try that also.... maybe i should try to come,, i can even the score up from our last trip eh :1prop: ...good luck mate..... steve...

Edited by roosterman

Hi Dan

Nothing wrong wth that at all, at all!! I usually squeeze out the water (makes it easier to separate the bits you want to use) and don't make them too fat!! Somewhere a bit thicker than a matchstick is good!!

I also have a loop tied onto my hook (like lures but a bit bigger) and thread the bit of weed thru the loop, then wrap one bit around the hook to the left twice, then the other bit around the hook to the right twice. Twist the 2 ends (below the hook) together & you are ready!

Good luck! Hope no-one else finds your stash - very annoying to find someone else has cleaned it out, when you were only harvesting on an 'as needed' basis!!

Let us know how you go!

Cheerio

Roberta

Funny how we all take an unhealthy interest in stormwater drains (or any drains, for that matter!) I have been tempted to jump a farmer's fence when I see a likely spot - but that also means there are more spots around too!

Hi Dan,

that looks like it will be ok,if its not long enough you can try to get 2 thin pieces and place so a little overaps like joining together and roll in hands/leg whatever and will hopefolly hold well enough to get on hook... i have found (and others also) that cabbage weed is getting more hits.i use 2 hook rig and tried both types.. 4 to 1 cabbage got the downs.. i always try to get a variety so when at your spot if you see some cabbage try that also.... maybe i should try to come,, i can even the score up from our last trip eh :1prop: ...good luck mate..... steve...

Thanks for the tips steve, the local wharf holds plenty of cabbage weed so that wont be a problem. I didn't head out today, but i will definetly next week so i'll give you a call.

Hi Dan

Good luck! Hope no-one else finds your stash - very annoying to find someone else has cleaned it out, when you were only harvesting on an 'as needed' basis!!

Let us know how you go!

Cheerio

Roberta

Thanks for the hook/loop tip, i will try it out and let you know.

Im unsure how long my stash will last as it wasnt there around 2 weeks ago or i completely missed it. I was so surprised when i found it, i wasnt even looking for it and it was during the rain too!

DAN